• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Cryogenic Forged Rods

genie144

Reaction score
Been sitting in my pile of parts to sell... They are heavy so I thought I'd try again.

These were treated by an aerospace company following a proprietary 'recipe.' As far as horsepower, I do not honestly know. They have better residual stress properties but are not the same strength as a billet.

Sam

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
exactly. thats why I was asking who did the cryoe(ing) job. Some places i've talked with have different process that they do and some tend to be stronger than others.
tuning would play a large role in their living

genie144

Reaction score
Tuning would dictate the safe power an engine produces - period.

Last year (and into the first part of this year), I used some resources to conduct testing regarding forged, PMR, and cryo'd rods. I did not pony up the $ for a billet rod to destruct. Cryo'd rods showed an increase in certain material properties but it would still depend on tuning - and the craftsmanship of the person building the engine.

Sam

ToMang07

Reaction score
Tuning would dictate the safe power an engine produces - period.

Last year (and into the first part of this year), I used some resources to conduct testing regarding forged, PMR, and cryo'd rods. I did not pony up the $ for a billet rod to destruct. Cryo'd rods showed an increase in certain material properties but it would still depend on tuning - and the craftsmanship of the person building the engine.

Sam

^Very good point. If your timing is poor.... not gonna matter how strong the rods are. Tuning is critical.

2000wa250

Reaction score
You're saying 200 per rod correct? Or 200 for the set.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

2000wa250

Reaction score
Can you pm me how much shipped to 98926

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online