Custom 5" Intake

BackwoodsFiero

Reaction score
20150310_130226_Medium.jpg

Figured I'd share my custom intake. 5" inlet AFE ProGuard7 filter, 5" 30* aluminum pipe cut to size, Empire Diesel Performance MAF flange, 4"->5" Samco boot, 4" aluminum coupler, 3"->4" Treadstone 90* silicone boot. Custom CCV. Still cost ~$300 for everything but it's the filter I wanted and I just like building stuff vs. buying. Should outperform all the aftermarket intake kits, except the No Limit kit, which I pretty much based this on :thumbsup:

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
Your intake looks good but you could of used a 5" to 4" 90* elbow then placed a 4" to 3"
insert to make up to your turbo.... this would give you more volume so when your turbos
are at full power your have air to feed...

look for intakehoses.com

BackwoodsFiero

Reaction score
Your intake looks good but you could of used a 5" to 4" 90* elbow then placed a 4" to 3"
insert to make up to your turbo.... this would give you more volume so when your turbos

look for intakehoses.com

Hmmm...I'm kind of disappointed I didn't think of that!! Would have been cleaner and cheaper too. Excellent idea though and now that I think about it, judging by the size of the elbow in the No Limit kit, is that what they do??

BackwoodsFiero

Reaction score
Damn and I thought the No Limit being all 4" looked big.

Their filter uses a 5" inlet and the aluminum pipe is 5" at the MAF and filter minder so they're pretty much identical minus the fact that I think they use a 5" to 4" 90* like 08SUPERKING suggested.

I'll admit, when I pulled the 5" pipe out of the box, my initial thought was "holy hell this is excessive" hahaha

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Their filter uses a 5" inlet and the aluminum pipe is 5" at the MAF and filter minder so they're pretty much identical minus the fact that I think they use a 5" to 4" 90* like 08SUPERKING suggested.

I'll admit, when I pulled the 5" pipe out of the box, my initial thought was "holy hell this is excessive" hahaha

and mine is not a 90* , its more than that to sit right with a 14" long filter.

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
Yes your is custom made for your intakes and the best one on the market for air flow...

obs7.3

Reaction score

look for intakehoses.com

I know this is an older thread but just wanted to add in here that I tried this suggestion and unfortunately it doesn't work. The sensors in the intake manifold get in your way and if you bring the elbow out to clear that then you're running into the intake elbow. 3-4" elbow seems like its the best route.

Latest posts

Members online