Cut coils to lower

Free72

Reaction score
Ok today I'm getting my new tires. Going from leveled with trail grappler to 420s and lowered. My question is has anybody cut 1/2 of a whole coil off the front instead of getting 4800lb springs. It would be a lot easier to cut mine wile I'm pulling the leveling kit out than waiting till I can find the springs. Thanks.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Cut springs ride like chit. You can order 4800lb or 4400lb springs from any ford dealer. Or order them from sunrise ford on here. I ordered mine last week from my local dealer. I was going to order from sunrise but a friend of mine works at my dealer so he gave me the same deal. I got 4400lb for around 170 dollars.

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Cut springs ride like chit. You can order 4800lb or 4400lb springs from any ford dealer. Or order them from sunrise ford on here. I ordered mine last week from my local dealer. I was going to order from sunrise but a friend of mine works at my dealer so he gave me the same deal. I got 4400lb for around 170 dollars.

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

You know what rides like shlt? Hitting the bump stops because you have too light of a spring in the front. I cut a coil out and my truck rides no different than stock. Empty my truck has 5300 pounds on the front axle and loaded there is close to 6k.

Latest posts

Members online