Diesel with glasspacks???/

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
The guy that does exhausts around here said that some guys were putting glasspacks on diesels to pass inspection. What do yall think about how it will sound? I am tempted to try it since it is less than 100 bucks to have a 4inch put in and I am going to go with a whole new exhaust next year thats a rear exit.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
Yea just visual. I have never had a problem getting a sticker. I was just curius if it would give the 6.4 less hair dryer and more loudness.LOL

Triple H

Reaction score
FWIW I dropped in a Summit brand diesel glasspack into my stack to tone it down some for the neighbors sake on my 6.0 since I moved into town. Are you just concerned with noise cancellation for inspection?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Ive seen people take their resonators and mufflers and turn them backwards so they would work less effectively. Me personally, well i love sweet home Alabama and our laws LOL

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
FWIW I dropped in a Summit brand diesel glasspack into my stack to tone it down some for the neighbors sake on my 6.0 since I moved into town. Are you just concerned with noise cancellation for inspection?

Not woried about inspection at all. I just want it to be a bit louder and less hiss like.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Its not going to happen.. The best thing to do is buy a 4" downpipe, and a 5" exhaust

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
Its not going to happen.. The best thing to do is buy a 4" downpipe, and a 5" exhaust

Thats what I am planing on changing it too. I just wish I could get 5inch duels. But as far as i know they dont exist and if they do I probly cant afford them.LOL

O and I found a kit online that said 5 inch turbo back. Does that meen the dp is 5 inch too?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
My exhaust consist of a 4" downpipe, 5" downpipe back kit, and a 5" flow through Magnaflow muffler with a different name stamped on it. It sounds really good. It's not as hissy at idle and it is pretty quiet, but has a good tone. Full throttle still has a good throaty pop though.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Thats what I am planing on changing it too. I just wish I could get 5inch duels. But as far as i know they dont exist and if they do I probly cant afford them.LOL

O and I found a kit online that said 5 inch turbo back. Does that meen the dp is 5 inch too?

No it will be a 4" which is the largest you can fit as far as i know. The reason you dont find 5" duals is because of the routing of the second pipe (goes to driver's side) is cramped already with 4"

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
The game plan is to do alot of mods next year.(finances allowing) Unfortunatly I will mostly be replaceing parts I bought that I dont like.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
My exhaust consist of a 4" downpipe, 5" downpipe back kit, and a 5" flow through Magnaflow muffler with a different name stamped on it. It sounds really good. It's not as hissy at idle and it is pretty quiet, but has a good tone. Full throttle still has a good throaty pop though.

I will look into that.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
if you want a hollowed out glasspack, just get a real diesel muffler that has no packing in it. just realize that packing is what's going to kill the hairdryer sound.

DMAX

Reaction score
If you have custom tuning ask the tuner if he can make the hiss go away

I cant speak for SCT since I dont tune it so I dont know to what extent you can play with VGT's

with EFI live I can command vanes open say 10% at 600-800rpm instead of stock 90% at that same RPM and there goes the "jet" sound

WoodBoy

Reaction score
It does help like DMAX stated, thats why different tunes sound different, but its only going to help so much having compounds

B.Warning

Reaction score
I have a 4in dp and 5in exhaust, I ripped a hanger off on the tail pipe section somehow so I decided to cut it off right above the axel and put my 6in 18in long tip on from there. It changed the tone a lot more than I expected. Has a much deeper tone now since it's echoing off the ground I guess.

Latest posts

Members online