Difference between OBS and Super Duty fuel filters?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Anybody know the difference? They are one part number different. Wix pn 33817 for the OBS, and Wix pn 33818 for the Super Duty. I am at work looking at these things and I see no difference at all. The reason I ask is because the OBS one is $18 and the Super Duty one is $29. I'll post a pic in a minute.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
208c1580.jpg

purpleheart350

Reaction score
OBS is on the left. Super Duty is on the right.

Are you sure it isnt the other way around SD on left and OBS on right? If you look real close you can see that I am blowing smoke up your a** just to get a laugh.. I would like to know how it works out for you as well

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I mean everything is exact. The o-rings, the water separator, the filter, the cap... Everything.

If in fact they are the same, someone in the manufacturing department got smart and decided to up the price on the Super Duty one even though it is the same. Good marketing strategy I guess?

Either way, if this works it will save all Super Duty guys a few bucks.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Well look up Wix 33817, and Wix 33818.

Two different part numbers with two different prices.

Yet, as far as I can see, the same part...

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Well the filter is in and fit perfectly. I am glad I was able to save a few bucks :D

So for future reference... When buying a 7.3 fuel filter, just go with the one listed for the OBS. Much cheaper lol

ClatterinDiesel

Reaction score
I want to say one of them is taller than the other. Maybe not that particular brand u have photographed. But I seem to remember trying to use one for the other and it not working. Or....maybe one of the fuel bows was not as deep as the other. Something like that u couldn't see with the naked eye.

Latest posts

Members online