Driving without MM?

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I am going to take my truck in for some service and was making sure it's okay to drive it without the MiniMaxx plugged in. IIRC it will default to stock mode. Just want to make sure my thought here is correct.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Thanks man! Nothing major just don't feel like doing some simple things that's all. Is there anyway to know if they have messed with the computer?

TripleE44

Reaction score
Why unplug it? Don't you think they'll hear something is off with the exhaust(assuming you're trying to cover up that its modded)? I have my dealer do my oil changes and just leave it all on.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Leave it all on or return it to stock so that if they do reflash for some reason you don't loose your tune and end up with a vin locked unit.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I guess I was just worried they would mess with it or something if I left the tuner plugged in. I know I can't hide anything since they would be able to tell as soon as they started it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
They dont really have the time to mess with anything, they flat rate everything so there is no real desire for them to mess with anything other than what they are supposed to be doing.

Mpoage

Reaction score
You're truck won't start if they clear you're computer lol
They will start but it will just be in reduced engine power, I drove it about 5 miles like that. At least my 13' will. I don't know about the older ones.
I guess I was just worried they would mess with it or something if I left the tuner plugged in. I know I can't hide anything since they would be able to tell as soon as they started it.
The oil change guys don't even take a second look at what's on it. They just change the oil.

Latest posts

Members online