ecm and ficm tune combination decision

hobo-stew

Reaction score
i have the SPD w/early lockup right now and no ficm tuning. i was planning on getting the powerhungry tuner and running hercules. would i be better off with that or innovatives xtreme X and innovatives matching ficm tune?

weazel

Reaction score
I'm running the atlas 80 and the canned performance tune from SCT right now with no problems

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

bboteler

Reaction score
I have the atlas 40 and a PCM rollback with a 65hp tow as my stock tune from php. I dd my TSD SPD it's awesome. The combo works well.

weazel

Reaction score
My question to the OP is what other mods do you have, intake and exhaust. You will need a free flowing exhaust to keep the heat out, I noticed no drastic change in egt but I know people with not so great exhaust that ran into EGT issues

hobo-stew

Reaction score
My question to the OP is what other mods do you have, intake and exhaust. You will need a free flowing exhaust to keep the heat out, I noticed no drastic change in egt but I know people with not so great exhaust that ran into EGT issues

i have 4" down pipe to straight pipe. intake amond other things will be changed soon. im considering a water/meth injection system to help with EGT's if they are out of hand. my main concern would be performance wise, which would be better? SPD w/hercules or xtreme X w/ficm X?

weazel

Reaction score
I have no problems with my EGT's like I said I run the 150hp SCT tune and the atlas 80 I hit 1250* at WOT to 100+ mph. I think you should be fine. I have no experience with the herculese tune though

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
I run the atlas 80, and gearheads srl x race tune with out issues. You'll be fine.

sent from the shop making things fly.....

weazel

Reaction score
I run the atlas 80, and gearheads srl x race tune with out issues. You'll be fine.

I was thinking of getting some gearhead tunes, how do you like it, with the FICM tune?

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting some gearhead tunes, how do you like it, with the FICM tune?

Love it. Actually helped him dial this tune in before it was released. Very snappy, and responsive. Ficm tune just made it even more fun.

weazel

Reaction score
Love it. Actually helped him dial this tune in before it was released. Very snappy, and responsive. Ficm tune just made it even more fun.

Good to know, I love the way my truck runs now, but it needs better trans tuning

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Good to know, I love the way my truck runs now, but it needs better trans tuning

IMHO matt has some of the best trans tuning out there. Don't get me wrong, I've tried quite a few others, but I always come back to his for the shifting.

weazel

Reaction score
IMHO matt has some of the best trans tuning out there. Don't get me wrong, I've tried quite a few others, but I always come back to his for the shifting.

Yeah my setup works fine for driving around and towing but it lacks in the hammer down department

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
to maximize the ecm tuning, youre best off running the most mild ficm tuning.

3brorce

Reaction score
I had a few tunes on the 6.0 and best tunes I ran were TSD's. Power, shifting, low smoke. Just an all around great tune. Gearheads ECM tuning works well with Bills FICM tuning for sure tho. I would assume the same for TSD and power hungry meshing well together

C-TANE

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm happy to see that you're having good luck with the FICM tuning. I bought a FICM tuner from IDP and I'm having some real cold running issues... After ECT gets up to 150* everything smooths out. IDP is helping me get Inductive heating programmed back in.

Do any of you guys get rough starts and smoke with your FICM tuning?

Latest posts

Members online