Egr Delete Finished

nickg3130

Reaction score
Well finally got my egr delete tackled with a buddy of mine last night. Really wasnt too bad but just time consuming like a bunch of other guys say. Took the truck out for a little run and the boost tube popped off of the intake elbow and scared the sh!t out of me. I have a bd intercooler pipe that came with upgraded boots and im not sure if the boots are long enough. I know they are longer than the factory ones but im thinking the intercooler pipe is shorter. The boot is on right now but i think if i get enough boost again it will pop off. Anyone have any ideas?

pog

Reaction score
Yah get rid of bd crap LOL. Maybe try hair spraying the boot to the pipe. Should do the trick.

mortal798

Reaction score
Did you do a wastegate? I have been hemming and hawing over EGR delete with or without a wastegate for almost a year.

mortal798

Reaction score
True, but what would you do for a DD? I tow a 42' 5th wheel camper in the summer, and sometimes a car or two - but otherwise it's back and forth to work. I am going for MPG's and reliability. :shrug:

Reaction score
True, but what would you do for a DD? I tow a 42' 5th wheel camper in the summer, and sometimes a car or two - but otherwise it's back and forth to work. I am going for MPG's and reliability. :shrug:

I don't think you have to have one, but it would be good insurance to make sure you keep back pressure in check. I would probably go without one at first and monitor back pressure and see where you are at. If it looks like you need one, we can send you the wastegate kit.

Latest posts

Members online