Few Newbie to 6.4s questions

08KR

Reaction score
First of all im not new to diesel... i used to be a hardcore Cummins fan... owned a 12.0 Second Fuel only SO VP44 Cummins. But once i bought my 6.4 ive NEVER looked back. I smoked my dads efi lived duramax with my H&S on the stock wild tune. Anyways...

I have the XRT Pro and installed the Hot Damn 300 tune. Its quick but not as fast as i expected. Im only seeing roughly 30-35psi (according to dash gauge and Edge). Does this seem right? Also I can seem how to get the low boost settings to come up?

Next question... Is an fuel pump needed for these trucks running just a tune?

Thanks ahead of time guys looking forward to learning about these 6.4s

08KR

Reaction score
Now i now that the Cummins MAP sensors read the boost way low when compared to an actual gauge... is the dash gauge accurate on the 6.4s?

MINK

Reaction score
Dash gauge is pretty acurate but you obviously wont be able to monitor your max boost.
x2 on the fuel system, stock fuel has done 700hp.

08KR

Reaction score
Thanks guys, well ive heard the Hot Damn tune is comparable to the KEM 345? I dont mind buying it if its worth it? Kinda disapointed im not seeing more that 35psi and burning rubber

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Thanks guys, well ive heard the Hot Damn tune is comparable to the KEM 345? I dont mind buying it if its worth it? Kinda disapointed im not seeing more that 35psi and burning rubber

My truck sees 45 now with a cold air and cac pipe.

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Them guys are right I think innovative is a lot more agreesive than my tunes I think. But I haven't had any issues with mine being all stock head bolt and tranny wise. If I had the opportunity I'd try innovative on my truck just can't afford it.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Doesnt seem like the 345 should be 20psi less than the innovative tunes does it?

Almost seems like youve got a fueling issue, how much smoke at 30-35psi?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Doesnt seem like the 345 should be 20psi less than the innovative tunes does it?

Almost seems like youve got a fueling issue, how much smoke at 30-35psi?

nope, but the KEM stuff has come up short on the hp end of things on here, at least the 345 hasnt made nearly the power that the x-race or 310 have made.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
nope, but the KEM stuff has come up short on the hp end of things on here, at least the 345 hasnt made nearly the power that the x-race or 310 have made.

Oh okay! That makes sense then, i guess different tunes could solve it then!

Going to be picking up a 6.4 in the next month or so possibly. Just trying to learn a little...whole different ball game than the 7.3

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh okay! That makes sense then, i guess different tunes could solve it then!

Going to be picking up a 6.4 in the next month or so possibly. Just trying to learn a little...whole different ball game than the 7.3

then listen and dont talk !!! LOL

08KR

Reaction score
So i checked on innovateds site... cant find the H&S tunes? Im guessing you guys are talking about their H&S tunes and not converting to a SCT right?

Should i email them?

David S.

Reaction score
spartan is what I run, and am completely happy with that, especially for daily driving and towing. Can't compare to anything because that's what I've always run

Latest posts

Members online