Found a way around factory nav unit

02bigstrokin

Reaction score
Finally got my stereo finished up and Figured I would share. I'm using jl component speakers in all four corners, rear bucket seats with a custom built console with a 13w7 in it. Using a jl cleansweep with a jl summing device. Well after I got the box how I wanted it, I was pretty happy with the overall sound but like everything I thought there was tons of room for improvement. I have the factory nav with Sony radio and nobody makes a aftermarket unit yet so what I did was jl makes a new Bluetooth receiver that plugs into the aux input of the cleansweep. Hooked that up and ran the master control knob for the cleansweep up front and mourned knob in dash panel next to sub amp gain knob. Now instead of connecting to the factory headunit Bluetooth I connect to the jl piece. The cleansweep knob becomes the volume control in aux mode. The difference between aux input sound and through the factory garbage is night and day. Then on top of that I downloaded an equalizer app on my phone that allowed me to fine tune the lows and the highs how I want it to sound for each genre of music. Simply put, it's a little bit to get used to using the phone and control knob but it's worth it if you are wanting aftermarket headunit quality sound.

Latest posts

Members online