Full Boost???

Fordman03

Reaction score
Hey all... Well I just bought my second F450 with the 6.4 This one has been deleted but there is no tuner with the truck. Anyway I had a check engine light on and it showed up as p132b if im correct. Thats a turbo code. The truck has lots of boost...but it seems to be to much... driving at around 60 its at full boost. It did want to stop on me last night.. it seemed to loose power and I let off... the boost went down to half and it got power back. Could have been the cold to.. since it was 35 below....but Im curious why this is happening? Any thoughts...
Thanks

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Sounds like your vgt controller is bad. Thats one of the ways they act when it gets cold.

What was the air temperature?

If your not careful and keep running it, you might blow your head gasket.

That's what happened to me.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
It was -35 celcius that day.
Welcome to PSA!

I am almost 100% sure it's the VGT controller. There not cheap. But it's a lot cheaper than blown head gaskets.

The factory ones were known to have problems. There is an updated one out there.

On Edit: just notices your first post said it was 35 below when it happened. I must have missed that detail. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Hey all... Well I just bought my second F450 with the 6.4 This one has been deleted but there is no tuner with the truck. Anyway I had a check engine light on and it showed up as p132b if im correct. Thats a turbo code. The truck has lots of boost...but it seems to be to much... driving at around 60 its at full boost. It did want to stop on me last night.. it seemed to loose power and I let off... the boost went down to half and it got power back. Could have been the cold to.. since it was 35 below....but Im curious why this is happening? Any thoughts...
Thanks

Check your ebp reading key on engine off. Compare it to map and bark, it should be fairly close to both the other readings. Ford’s spec is within 1.5psi, but typically it’s much closer than that, like within .5psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fordman03

Reaction score
Welcome to PSA!

I am almost 100% sure it's the VGT controller. There not cheap. But it's a lot cheaper than blown head gaskets.

The factory ones were known to have problems. There is an updated one out there.

On Edit: just notices your first post said it was 35 below when it happened. I must have missed that detail. Sorry about that.
Thank you!! DO you think I should get a tuner and reflash it maybe?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
If the VGT controller is bad. A new tune will not change that at all.

You can still buy the mini maxx in Canada if you want to go that route.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.