Gauges

purpleheart350

Reaction score
I am not going to lie it took some time but it is not that hard. I dont know what everyone else used but I think I used about 60-70 feet of wiring.
100_3315.jpg

100_3314.jpg

100_3317.jpg

Jake P

Reaction score
I am not going to lie it took some time but it is not that hard. I dont know what everyone else used but I think I used about 60-70 feet of wiring.
100_3315.jpg

100_3314.jpg

100_3317.jpg

Good God! That was made way more complicated than it needed to be...

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Good God! That was made way more complicated than it needed to be...

how so? I know everything but the boost needed power and lights. How can i make it easier? I got finals and then it is one on one time with the truck, re-wire, paint, clean, fix.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I did the same type of fuse tap. Except I used a male plug in and pushed it in beside the fuze. I never seen those things before. Pretty cool!

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
What Glowshift gauges did you get? I have the 3in1 diesel gauge and it was really easy to do. Just drill and tap a couple holes and run the wires.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
I got them at autozone. It is a dual fuse plug with a 16 gauge wire coming out, iirc, so that you can splice in to it with out cutting in to it. I will try to post up some pics of it. They were less than a dollar

AKHILF

Reaction score
On my old isspros i just piggy backed them all. Just had a small jumper from each gauge a whole lot less wiring...and yeah say something went wrong from the first gauge to your power source or ground then yeah the lights wont work on them but still it's only one wire or the other.... And my prosports I have now i love. They come with pre made jumpers and special connectors for the back or the gauges. Look them up guys, you'll like them.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
When I did my install I just used T taps into the fused side of the ignition hot and illumination wires. Fuse taps like the ones pictures are a better idea IMO, I don't care for the fuse taps that are just a little copper tab that you shove between the fuse and the fuse box. Plus, my local Napa rarely has the crap I want and I wasn't driving 1 hr each way to the big city for a couple parts.
Daisy chain the power and illumination wires to make things cleaner and easier to work with as previously mentioned. I've never installed Glow Shifts, but I've installed a couple sets of Isspro EV's, Isspro EV2's, and some Autometers. Just take your time and do a clean install. Also, don't forget that its a lot easier to cut 2" out of a piece of wire than it is to add it back in later :D

chromehound

Reaction score
Any auto parts store should have them...

The Autoparts stores around here suck, I've looked at all of them and nobody had them, heck I even found a picture and showed it around-still no good. Radio Shack had them but they were like $2 each IIRC and now they don't seem to carry them. You guys that can get them at the parts stores are lucky.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online