Gooseneck Rentals

B585Ford

Reaction score
I typically tow my bumper dumper and occasionally tow a gooseneck for someone. Now I need to move a small dozer and the person's gooseneck broke the frame (it is old and was over-weight). Anyone have any ideas where to rent a gooseneck capable of handling about 16,500? I have tried all the local shops, but they don't rent their trailers and all of the equipment rentals I could find don't rent a gooseneck that is capable of handling that much weight.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I'd say pay someone to move it. There insurance and more then likely do it with a medium duty truck. Probably wouldnt cost anymore then the trailer rental.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

B585Ford

Reaction score
I'd say pay someone to move it. There insurance and more then likely do it with a medium duty truck. Probably wouldnt cost anymore then the trailer rental.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

I can't argue with your point, but my truck is my pride and joy. I moved a similar load a while back and have been itchin to do so again. This dozer is going to be farm dozer so it will likely be its last trip.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
That's weird.. where are you located? Even the heavy equipment rental stores? The titan machinery ( case) here rents em, has trailers for every piece of equip they have, I know they have a gooseneck for 24k

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

B585Ford

Reaction score
That's weird.. where are you located? Even the heavy equipment rental stores? The titan machinery ( case) here rents em, has trailers for every piece of equip they have, I know they have a gooseneck for 24k

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

I am in north central WV. I have called or gone to pretty much every heavy equipment location around here and it is always the same answer. I can rent their trailer IF I rent their equipment. I know there has to be something I am missing, but I haven't figured it out yet. I even tried placing a wanted add on Craig's list. Haven't used CL before so I am not sure I put it in the right location. Thanks for the tip though, I will try a few bigger cities within an hour or two such as Case, Cat, etc.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I am in north central WV. I have called or gone to pretty much every heavy equipment location around here and it is always the same answer. I can rent their trailer IF I rent their equipment. I know there has to be something I am missing, but I haven't figured it out yet. I even tried placing a wanted add on Craig's list. Haven't used CL before so I am not sure I put it in the right location. Thanks for the tip though, I will try a few bigger cities within an hour or two such as Case, Cat, etc.

Try mpe in Morgantown?

Sent from my SCH-I535

B585Ford

Reaction score
Try mpe in Morgantown?

Sent from my SCH-I535

Thanks. I tried them in Fairmont and they just said "No". I never thought to see if they would be different in Morgantown. Its worth a shot. FYI I live between Bridgeport and Grafton.

Grizzdog

Reaction score
You can borrow mine...

Be a little bit of a drive to come get it in minnesota tho

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Thanks. I tried them in Fairmont and they just said "No". I never thought to see if they would be different in Morgantown. Its worth a shot. FYI I live between Bridgeport and Grafton.

Nice...I'm in Morgantown

Sent from my SCH-I535

B585Ford

Reaction score
Man up. Put it in the back of your truck. A few zip ties to hold in place and you're good to go.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of that sooner. Do you think I would need to install bags if I am gonna put it in the bed?

B585Ford

Reaction score
Just drive it down they road or hook it up with chains and drag it LOL

Wouldn't that wear out the tracks a little?
I don't want to have to replace them so I will probably just put it in the bed. I don't have ramps to get it in the bed so do you think it would take about 4 guys on ech side to lift it in?

jdc753

Reaction score

Well if that still works out cheaper than paying someone to move the dozer then could you rent the trailer and equipment, then just park their equipment while you use the trailer to move the dozer, then return both trailer and equipment.

I am just thinking due to insurance and liability no one is going to want to rent that "large" of a trailer for that "small" of a truck.

Either that or what about looking for a good used trailer to purchase. Then you could have it for any future moves.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
It takes a hell of a gooseneck to handle that load...... you'll be in the 24K lbs area before you ever hook it to a truck..... I'm not surprised that you can't find anyone to rent you a trailer - can you imagine the insurance liability on renting a gooseneck trailer to someone that is not equipped or licensed to haul that weight? You'll be easily at the 30-32K GVW range.

To the best of my knowledge rental equipment companies will only rent their trailers with their equipment with the express and written intent that it can only be used to move their equipment - this allows them to insure things to allow it to happen.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Nice...I'm in Morgantown

Sent from my SCH-I535

Cool. I already have 8 guys lined up to help me lift the dozer into the bed of the truck, but in case we need 10, I might have to get a hold of you.

B585Ford

Reaction score
It takes a hell of a gooseneck to handle that load...... you'll be in the 24K lbs area before you ever hook it to a truck..... I'm not surprised that you can't find anyone to rent you a trailer - can you imagine the insurance liability on renting a gooseneck trailer to someone that is not equipped or licensed to haul that weight? You'll be easily at the 30-32K GVW range.

To the best of my knowledge rental equipment companies will only rent their trailers with their equipment with the express and written intent that it can only be used to move their equipment - this allows them to insure things to allow it to happen.

You are killin me here....I completely follow what you are saying, but I try to never apply logic when it comes truck....after all, I only have a mild build but it would be hard to justify how much I have spent already and we don't even want to get into future plans.

Grizzdog

Reaction score
Ive hauled the same size dozer on my 35 foot pj.
That was with a 550 tho.

You wont be legal doing it with your truck but not saying it cant be done.

Pj trailers are the only ones i would haul that kind of load with.

Has to be a local company that would want to move it for you. A dump truck with a tag trailer shouldnt charge more than 5-600 bucks for such a short haul.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.