GPCM techsperts please chime in

high country

Reaction score
I have a 2000 ex and like every other gpcm rig, mine is in need of one. I understand the pcm recieves signal from the gpcm in the form of a hz signal with 7hz being healthy and somewhere around 15hz tripping the SES.

My thought is, a simple freq generator can be bought for $5.00 and send the pcm a signal that all is well. The pcm should still excite the gpcm, which I would simply not have, but instead a traditional GPR. The on time between a gpcm and gpr should be the same, and if not I am cool with full manual on the gp's too.

companies are rebuilding gpcm's so it can't be too tough to duplicate the internals, but I Want fix on the side of the road with a leatherman simple.

Thanks.
Any thoughts?

Arisley

Reaction score
Replace the GPCM with a GP relay.

You will also need a new harness and a PCM from a GP truck.

CSIPSD did it to his wife's EX, there is a thread about it somewhere on here.

high country

Reaction score
I am looking at creating a $50 fix that can be applied in an hour without needing to chase down a pcm......or if we can come up with a component list inside the gpcm, it may be just as easy to build a "fooler" and a relay that simply plugs in.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Just buy a new gpcm. Every 6.0 and 6.4 has one they work fine. Why Go threw all the effort when you can buy a new for under 150 and be on your way.

Jomax

Reaction score
Just buy a new one. That's what I did on my mom's ex. Original lasted 200k

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I am at 258K on the original GPCM. I actually prefer it over the relay since it has not only worked/held up well, but it also tells me when I have a GP system problem. You can get a brand new one for around $125.

Jomax

Reaction score
I am at 258K on the original GPCM. I actually prefer it over the relay since it has not only worked/held up well, but it also tells me when I have a GP system problem. You can get a brand new one for around $125.

I guess I'm not the only one who would prefer it lol

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I guess I'm not the only one who would prefer it lol

Yep.

There was a reason Ford stayed with it well beyond the 7.3L. They work and it gives even more data back to the PCM to ensure everything is working as it should.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.