H&S or Stock Transmission Tuning?

farmboy

Reaction score
I just deleted my 6.7 a few days ago and I am running H&S tunes and plan on running the "performance" tune except when towing. I am 23 years old so yes I will get on it from time to time, but for the most part I drive like an old man. I am running he stock transmission tuning and I like the way it shifts.

Do you recommend the stock tranny tuning or the H&S tuning? I have a 6.4 (I am about to sell it) and on it I ran the HD300 Tune with H&S tranny tune and I liked it, but it seemed a little unpredictable at times. I just want to make sure the stock tranny tune is safe to run on the performance setting if I want to drive hard occasionally. I tow 10-12k lbs pretty frequently in the spring summer and fall... So that needs to be kept in mind.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I run the trans tunes in my 6.7 from H&S and it is much better than stock. Very predictable and solid.

farmboy

Reaction score
Well maybe I will try the H&S trans tuning then. I do agree that at times it seems to hold a gear too long, did that stock as well.

Stock is not very firm at all, but I don't mind the way it shifts, but maybe if I like the H&S I will realize more flaws it has.

Are there multiple settings for the trans like there was on the 6.4?

dseitler

Reaction score
I would not run the stock Trans with a H&S Tune but that's my opinion. I am a firm believer you need the extra clamping pressure to keep your clutches from slipping. The H&S Trans tune performed great when I ran it without a problem. I liked the way it shifted especially when you get on it hard.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I would not run the stock Trans with a H&S Tune but that's my opinion. I am a firm believer you need the extra clamping pressure to keep your clutches from slipping. The H&S Trans tune performed great when I ran it without a problem. I liked the way it shifted especially when you get on it hard.

h&s is a firm believer, so is father physics. run the h&s trans and be done.

Latest posts

Members online