Headlights

Josh F250

Reaction score
When I got my 15 I replaced all of the lights with Recon. I know some don't like but I think they look good. My issue now is while I like the look of the headlights, they suck! Low beams are useless and high beams work about as good as stock lows. SO - I either change the lights out in these or have someone do something cool with my stock headlights which are new and sitting in a box now (I'm thinking that is the right answer). I don't want to try to do it - any recs on who I can send them to?

Thanks!

sootie

Reaction score
pm jdgleason on here. he does killer work on headlights.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I'm waiting for some wiring harnesses that were left out of the package by the manufacturer, but should hopefully have my Projector HID conversion headlights installed in my 2014 this weekend or very early next week. JD did a great job on the painting and conversion...can't wait to see how the lights work!

ftast350

Reaction score
Stupid question but did you aim them or just put them in and finished the case of beer?

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
JD does some nice work on lights for sure. Where are you located? We are going to start doing some headlight painting at our shop in the next few weeks. PM me if your interested.

militant83

Reaction score
When I got my 15 I replaced all of the lights with Recon. I know some don't like but I think they look good. My issue now is while I like the look of the headlights, they suck! Low beams are useless and high beams work about as good as stock lows. SO - I either change the lights out in these or have someone do something cool with my stock headlights which are new and sitting in a box now (I'm thinking that is the right answer). I don't want to try to do it - any recs on who I can send them to?

Thanks!

I was looking at the Spyder brand headlights, taillights, and the factory Harley headlights. Id like a pair of JDs if I could ever fit them in my budget. Maybe one of these days.

Last edited:

webb06

Reaction score

Thanks!

Recon headlight output sucks. I'd have someone(whether it be JD or Kaleb Kerr) paint your factory housings and get some led or hid bulbs.

Here's what Kaleb did with mine. Outside is matched to the fender, turn signal bucket is flat black, and the reflector is tuxedo black in the middle and the top and bottom edges are flat black.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424650811.274498.jpg

Josh F250

Reaction score
I didn't install them. It def could be an adjustmernt issue. I don't see an adjustment on them like the stck lights have. I sent Recon a note and they said they have to come out to be adjusted - that doesn't make any sense to me and Iv'e not had timwe to look at or mess with it yet.

I sent a PM to JD, hopefully he can help me out with my stock lights then I'll sell the Recons.

I'm near Houston.

louisianashooter

Reaction score
here is my current project, will keep an update...

Mini D2s 3.0 in the buttom with Morimoto 3five 5500k 35w ballast, Mini H1 up top 5500k 35w ballast, waiting on morimoto switch back halos and drl to come out. Paint scheme will be same a picture shows, yet this is just the raw plastic.

militant83

Reaction score
It's in the 6.7 aftermarket thread right?

Your right it is an 11-15 thread and I do have an 06. Maybe I should have worded it differently but I was just throwing the Spyder brand out there as another option to look at then went on to say what I was considering over recons. And since this was the first time I've seen JD's work I commented on how i like it. I'm looking for headlight options as well. So why not find that info or give a suggestion in another models thread. I'm pretty sure there are no rules against that.

Sorry to get some guys all butt hurt that a 6.0 guy posted in a 6.7 thread. Anyway carry on

ftast350

Reaction score
Some people just scan the new posts section when they post. I just pointed out the obvious. No need to be a smartass about it.

Hahaha it's what I do, I did see he has an 06 but I wanted to ensure others that just blow me away with how much they don't know and aren't going " awe man I'm gonna check out a 15 Harley" kinda like that guy that said the 15's werent out yet and a bunch of people had em including myself with that being said I would rather be a smartass then a dumbass. My apologies for the de-rail and I agree the Harley style heads look great and I am thinking of mimicking them on my 15 (painting them black) and doing a retrofit as well for the best possible output.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.