High EGT reading with spartan Phalanx

Rivrat

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just installed the Spartan phalanx on my 2011 and my EGT is running around 1400-1600 degrees. It drops a bit when I get over 50 but once I slow down it jumps back up. Any thought. Should I be worried?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just installed the Spartan phalanx on my 2011 and my EGT is running around 1400-1600 degrees. It drops a bit when I get over 50 but once I slow down it jumps back up. Any thought. Should I be worried?

Did you put a external EGT probe on the truck when you installed the spartan?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I think there are a couple EGT options as far as sensors go on the dashdaq isn't there...I know there is for my 6.4. Try to pick on of the other ones

The 6.4 is the only truck that can read EGT's from the factory EGR/EGT probe.

Rivrat

Reaction score
There is a gauge setting called "spartan EGT using EGR input". The parameters limits are at 2200 I believe.

Rivrat

Reaction score
well i re-read the instructions and there is one sentence in there that reads "Spartan can not read EGT temps" unless you get the blocking plate kit or whole delete setup. ordering it now. was kind of worried this morning when i drove it to work. did great tho. 90hp setting at 70mph i was getting 22.7 mpg. tonight im doing the DPF delete with 5" no muffler exhaust.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
well i re-read the instructions and there is one sentence in there that reads "Spartan can not read EGT temps" unless you get the blocking plate kit or whole delete setup. ordering it now. was kind of worried this morning when i drove it to work. did great tho. 90hp setting at 70mph i was getting 22.7 mpg. tonight im doing the DPF delete with 5" no muffler exhaust.

Yes there you go that is what I was talking about lol. I got a SDP "Street Diesel Performance" EGR delete on my 6.7. was a addon when I bought the exhaust Tuner and AFe CAI from Rudy's Diesel Performance.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

I run the 200 Warhammer tune daily and also tow with it on the warhammer. All you have to do is watch your EGT's trans temp oil and coolant temp and you'll be fine. Deleted the DPF and EGR at 100 miles the truck now has 16,000 miles and it doesn't have any problems. Truck has plenty power with the 200 HP warhammer but it cant keep up with my 300 HP Late Lock Spartan tune on my 6.4.

135Hoster

Reaction score
Do you spartan guys not have defuel options?

My mini-max will pull fuel if my egts, coolant, or any other number of options goes over a limit I define.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Do you spartan guys not have defuel options?

My mini-max will pull fuel if my egts, coolant, or any other number of options goes over a limit I define.

All spartan race tunes do not any safeguards unless you put on the 125 below than you have safeguards.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.