HOP system testing question. I have pump cover off

Cgrigson1

Reaction score
Truck is a true 04. I have IPR out and pump cover off and fitting is new. Have had issues with ICP building IPR values cool. Hard do start a little and shuts off when hot then super hard to start. Dummy plugs and stand pipe seals good. What's the best way to test it for a leak or a bad pump.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Rubber tipped air nozzle directly into the top of the discharge tube. Its the piece that pushes into the cover. Do it with it still bolted to the pump, so you are able to see if there is any leak besides the pump.

Cgrigson1

Reaction score
victory lap taken....replaced the pump and i'll be a stupid dude for not doing so a month ago when that mechanic who I wont call out said it was a $3000 deal. So glad it started at his shop and got it back home and after seeing crazy stuff on my scangauge2 replaced ipr, which was probably ok, and icp which was probably ok. She starts right up hot or cold!!! Yes Yes! He wanted $1800 labor to replace it and another wanted $1200 stating it was an 11 hour procedure. What fn bullcrap. I did it myself in 5 max and bet ya $100 to bucket of that crap I could do it in 4 if I had to again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.