How to price a 6.7 rclb

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
I am currently looking for a F350 RCLB 4X4 3:55's gooseneck prep etc. I would like to know how to price the ^^^ 100k miles is fine but i'm seeing 35k-45k for 50k millage trucks most have plows or had them. I would think a XLT loaded RCLB ect would be in the 28k-31,500 range with 50k on it.

Am I shooting to low or just being to picky factoring in with known information on (some certain local) dealership practices and the northern New England climate in winter. With a 85k-100k I would like to pay 19,500-22k max just because i'm not rich i'm cheap and I do not like giving more money than I have to for anything.

With the plow set ups and known damage caused by poor driving or unknown installation should this affect the price. With many vehicle laws are you allowed to go in the shop and make them put it on the lift to inspect the underside and check for shoddy repair or work/installation. Is there any special parts or locations on the truck one should pay attention to when doing a inspection of the truck.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Tell me about, I do not want a new truck I can not afford it and it would not be a wise investment. I would not put enough miles/work/money earned to justify spending anymore than 22k and if it is a epic deal maybe 25k-26k with my current money to college plan/goals. Overall I am very displeased with the dealerships in New England with being so discriminating towards myself because of my age and overall I have very good credit but will not do business with me based on my age without a cosigner.
Are we allowed to post links or a hyperlink to a non sponsoring site like aUto trAdeR for examples?

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Okay so I guess the local dealers are blowing smoke up people's a$$.
-11 350 XL base no options 9'6" ss Xtreme V-plow 13,500 asking 42,995 used
-My favorite one 11 CCSB lariat ultimate package w/ 99,960 miles asking 38,990 FIRM!!!!! Sold for 47k new after tt&l fees, it is a joke they can justify prices that are so outrageous when they want to have a good customer base.
Anyways thanks for the help I can tell them to shove it now. :toast:LOL

Reaction score
I take it your from new england? that will have a affect on prices also. Maybe also try to stay away from the 2011s if possible. It seems some of them have bad valves that are breaking and gernading motors.

Dave

Reaction score
Lemme put it this way we just bought a 2014 ecsb xlt for 41k out the door

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Honestly guys how the hell is everything cheaper outside of New England Christ diesel is 4.02(cheap) right now. I am honestly thinking about getting some strippers to get em' cheaper on the price the 2011's seem to be the higher end of the price range.

Even 6fo's are going for mid 20's and up to below 15k for bad gaskets. Now 7.3's with 250k are bringing a premium at 9,500 to 15k . I am so tempted to find a great vehicle in the Midwest, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma or somewhere down south less rust lower prices. I will have to eat the taxes.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
i have a 2012 xlt fx4 package f-250 rclb (no tint or bedliner) adobe tan interior and cloth seats.. came with sync, backup camera, and heated mirrors, all power options except fold in mirrors...Also have the basic speedometer cluster and the truck came with 18s and the bigger michellin tire option 275s?

Sticker was 48k and I paid 41k :( Be prepared to pay up on a 350 lol. I looked everywhere for a nicer regular cab but there wasnt any options and this was the nicest I could get

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Honestly guys how the hell is everything cheaper outside of New England Christ diesel is 4.02(cheap) right now. I am honestly thinking about getting some strippers to get em' cheaper on the price the 2011's seem to be the higher end of the price range.

Even 6fo's are going for mid 20's and up to below 15k for bad gaskets. Now 7.3's with 250k are bringing a premium at 9,500 to 15k . I am so tempted to find a great vehicle in the Midwest, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma or somewhere down south less rust lower prices. I will have to eat the taxes.

Trucks are stupid high right now in Texas. It will be rust free but it won't be cheap. It's nothing to see a 7.3 with 250k and up bring 15k and a good clean 6.0 or 6.4s are over priced as well. I remember when Texas had cheap trucks but not anymore. I was sent a Craigslist add for a 01 CCLB F350 7.3 lariat 4x4 and they wanted 10k for it. In 07 I sold my dads 97 CCLB 4x4 5spd OBS with 280k and it was clean Inside and out and it only brought 8k. That truck today in Texas would be 12-15k in a matter of days

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
I just found a truck in massatwochits for 12k with a salvage title from a minor fire. Description reads
"some kids had lite the contents in the bed on fire and the heat melted the interior still runs and drives great I had put over 1,000 miles on it the way it is and did not effect anything. great truck $12,000 CASH DRIVES IT HOME"
I think it is good deal if I can find a interior and the frame is solid.

I am currently borderline on this my brother and I are mechanically inclined it is a 11 ecsb xlt loaded with 1400 miles.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
Used trucks just aren't out there like they used to be. People are keeping what they have longer and new trucks are bought out of necessity vs want anymore. I watch dealers pay retail for these trucks at auctions everyday. It's nuts.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Honestly now I am tempted to buy a cummins based on local dealer rebates pricing trade in allowance etc. The price of a 350 rclb diesel loaded I can get a laramie 2500 loaded but in a 4 door for around 40k and 650 ish a month for 60 months yes or no hold over till I can get more money etc the price is right.

Emery19

Reaction score
honestly buying a truck in new england right now is going to cost ya. with the winter my parents are having and the fact that new england things are expensive anyways trucks and anything 4wd isnt cheap. there are deals out there. just need to keep looking till you find one.

RSK

Reaction score
Honestly now I am tempted to buy a cummins based on local dealer rebates pricing trade in allowance etc. The price of a 350 rclb diesel loaded I can get a laramie 2500 loaded but in a 4 door for around 40k and 650 ish a month for 60 months yes or no hold over till I can get more money etc the price is right.

don't buy a new cummins, if you want to do anything to it, they don't make anything for the 14' my brother bought one.....nice trucks and all, but no tuners available, and his 2500 with the heavy duty package doesn't clear the 10,001 gvw so he still has to go through emissions with it and can't delete anything. I would just keep saving your money until you find what you want or go down to nc to buy a new truck, you will save a lot down there. either way you are going to have to pay your states taxes to register it. I would just keep looking, and go on auto trader and do a search within 1000 miles hell do a nation wide search...so what if you have to drive a truck home from Tennessee or Florida, at least it will be CLEAN! I ended up paying 34,400 plus taxes for my 2010 ccsb 6.4 with 88k on it, but new you gotta figure this truck was probably almost 70k back in 2010 when it was sold. I wouldn't buy new. it is very tempting, but i'm sure if you look out the north east you can find a good deal on used 12 or 13 with 30-40k on it that will be just like new

Matt

Reaction score
I've been doing some looking and I'm seeing XLs for 38k and XLTs for right around 44k. I'm really wanting one, but man that is a lot to spend on a regular cab when loaded crew cabs can be had for 50ish. Also, the deals Ford is offering right now really aren't good enough to pull the trigger on a '14 rather than wait for the improved '15.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I would travel to get a deal on a truck. I've done it a few times. Save $10k on a truck, spend a couple grand on a little getaway vacation to pick it up and drive it home!

Latest posts

Members online