I need a new one of these

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Doing my EGR delete and friend ended rounding this off. Isn't this the EGT probe? Any one know the ford part number? Thanks.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 138

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Steven, also just so you know, you'll need to drill and tap the probe plate I sent for 1/4" if you plan to use the factory exhaust sensor. Otherwise, a 1/8npt pyrometer will be what you need

stevens6.7

Reaction score
You don't use that for an egt sensor when doing the deletes. You use an egt sensor from the dpf

Does it matter which sensor?

Steven, also just so you know, you'll need to drill and tap the probe plate I sent for 1/4" if you plan to use the factory exhaust sensor. Otherwise, a 1/8npt pyrometer will be what you need

Is it necessary to actually use a pyrometer right now since I don't tow anything? Does it matter where I drill and tap on the plate?

Dalton_H

Reaction score
Any of them out of the exhaust should work. I used the one that came out the easiest.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Any of them out of the exhaust should work. I used the one that came out the easiest.

no, its the longer ones, and iirc there's 2 of them in there. the shorter one reads backward.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
The one that got rounded off is no big deal, I tired to use that one at first and at idle I had like 2000* EGT's. removed that sensor and used one from the DPF and it works great

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The one that got rounded off is no big deal, I tired to use that one at first and at idle I had like 2000* EGT's. removed that sensor and used one from the DPF and it works great

yeah it was reading backward.

Latest posts

Members online