Information to dial in setup?

White_monster

Reaction score
Like the title states. What info should we be aquiring to setup our trucks. Also if some of this data has been collected please put it up and list the setup specs so others can understand it all and make use of it. I'll list what I think should be collected and feel free to add more. Thanks.

Turbo inlet pressure - obviously this will be vacuum
Turbo outlet pressure - after each turbo
Intake air temp
Turbo wheel speed
Back pressure - between turbos if compound setups being used
EGT's - be great to get each cylinder but it's unlikely someone will go that far
Vgt duty cycle - if used

Let's also try to discuss how collecting this data will help the setups, things like the Vgt duty cycle haven't been brought up much. I talked with Mike Haller about the Vgt settings and how it needs to be tweaked. Anyways let's see what we can come up with.

Spatel23

Reaction score
It may be worth adding; which gates, how big, which springs, how many, and with which regulator backpressure is being controlled. The plumbing/piping of said gates would also be worth mentioning.

Setting the gate(s) properly can make or break the performance and drivability, and in my opinion it is the most important part of a build.

I think we should keep this discussion to setting up fuel only trucks also.

Last edited:

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Fuel only for the win. lol These are all good suggestion. I like to monitor everything on the fuel side as well. Such as rail and low pressure fuel pressure. I also monitor vgt duty cycle.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
It might be worth while monitoring PW and timing especially with the bigger HP and MP twins. Fuel delivery is key when lighting the big turbos lower in the rpm range.

As this progresses. It would be great to see stickys generated for setting up singles, Elite style and conventional turbo/fuel combos

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Alright. Mike you make any progress on tweaking the Vgt table so the computer does open the veins in the turbo as quick?

We have had a couple of discussions about this. Seems to come down to a tuner willing and able to tweak the vgt table the way Mike is thinking will work. It makes sense.

Latest posts

Members online