Intermitent Rough Idle

si3328

Reaction score
I have one problem that exists with two different scenarios. The biggest thing to note here is it is intermittent. It is really like a 50/50 shot that it will occur. What happens is the truck seems to idle a little low and began to get rough. When you accelerate it has almost no power and seems like it is being choked way down. As the RPM’s get above 1500 it starts to clear out a little bit and you have more of a throttle response. If you throw it in neutral and rev it up it normally clears it up and seems normal.
Things to note: I have a 05 f350 SRW Powerstroke, sct tuner running Matt’s SRL tune. I have upgraded to the blue spring kit. AFE stage 2 intake. Oil, oil filter, and fuel filters have always been changed at 5k miles. Always used Rotella T6 oil.

Two ways I have had this occur:
1. Start it up in weather below 40 degrees and do not allow it to warm up enough. Get down the road to the first stop sign and the damn thing is beatin and banging like it has a lope tune.

2. WOT for no more than 5-8 seconds. It doesn’t sound long but when you are a drag racer it’s a long time. Come to a stop and once again it is idling rough, almost like it has a lope tune.

It is very possible it could be something with the EOT sensor. I have not pulled that off when it happens to see if it eliminates the problem. I guess it could be low voltage with the FICM too?? Now im just rambling… Anyone have any insight would be nice!

Latest posts

Members online