Issues after icon 3.5" install

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Tried searching for an answer in forums and nothing popped up, but i just installed my 3.5" icon lift ( TEI + 2.5 w track bar) and my axle is shifted to the right of the truck more than left and my steering to the right stops halfway? getting it aligned tommorow but is the leaning to one side normal? seems the body is leaning to the left and axle sticking out to the right a hair? i havent gotten a 3 link yet but i did install the pmf dual steering stabilizer kit as well.

overall the truck actually performs like a caddy on the road even with these issues..just want to get them straightened out before something screws up.

im gonna try and post the pictures i took earlier...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 124

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Pan hard bar needs to be adjusted. Take the top bolt out with the truck sitting on the ground, then turn the steering wheel. Back off the nut and spin he end link in or out, whichever way brings the axle towards center. This works if you have an adjustable bar. If you can't get it, I can give you a hand.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
X2, you need a adj track bar...we have them and new replacement radius arms..PM me if I can help

Attachments

• PP04144-2.jpg
    PP04144-2.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 84
  • track bar.jpg
    track bar.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 72

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Well for one, the instructions have the measurement that the track bar needs to be adjusted to so that should have been done. Depending on which bar you have you can either adjust it while installed or you'll have to remove the frame mounted end and adjust it. Secondly you should take it to get it aligned. And if you didn't do any of those I'll ask if you torqued anything down to spec? If you don't know what your doing messing with the suspension is dangerous for not just you but other drivers around you. Have it gone over by a professional just to be safe.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Yes i have the icon adj. track bar with the upgraded bearing. Plan on aligning it today after work for sure but ill either adjust the track bar myself or just get NTB to do it. everything was torqued to spec as well

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
You need an Icon 64030 or 64031, I have both items in stock. I would also consider OUO Adjustable Link Arms. I've had 6 sets personally, and everything I own down the road will continue to get them. Tighter steering, less slop side to side, less bump steer, along with a better ride makes them a win win item!

bricewise

Reaction score
You need an Icon 64030 or 64031, I have both items in stock. I would also consider OUO Adjustable Link Arms. I've had 6 sets personally, and everything I own down the road will continue to get them. Tighter steering, less slop side to side, less bump steer, along with a better ride makes them a win win item!

Don't want to derail. And do not want anyone to start a 4 link vs ALAs but are you saying its tighter steering, less slop from stock or from 4 link? If from stock I'm intrigued.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Don't want to derail. And do not want anyone to start a 4 link vs ALAs but are you saying its tighter steering, less slop from stock or from 4 link? If from stock I'm intrigued.

From my experience, over stock is night and day. From a 4 link I've noticed substantial difference in bump steer with a 4 link compared to ALA's, mainly because this front end is designed to function properly with a radius arm design. Again, thats my personal experiences.

4 Links and 3 Links both have their places, Derail over!

CWAY6.7

Reaction score

pretty sure thats the same track bar i bought. i know its the billet ended looking one that i paid for. was supposed to have upgraded bearing also

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Yes i have the icon adj. track bar with the upgraded bearing. Plan on aligning it today after work for sure but ill either adjust the track bar myself or just get NTB to do it. everything was torqued to spec as well

Then it can be adjusted on the truck and is super easy to do, once its correctly set I'd add a little locktight to the coupling bolts.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Got the steering and axle issue solved!!!! Thank you David for the advice and Colton (super08duty) for adjusting the track bar in ur shop!! cant thank yall enoug! I think i can finally relax and sleep tonight LOL. This lift and truck now rides better than the day I drove it out of the dealership!

SAK

Reaction score
Got the steering and axle issue solved!!!! Thank you David for the advice and Colton (super08duty) for adjusting the track bar in ur shop!! cant thank yall enoug! I think i can finally relax and sleep tonight LOL. This lift and truck now rides better than the day I drove it out of the dealership!

No problem, glad you got it taken care of.

Latest posts

Members online