Max HP to be made on stock injectors?

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
I'm looking to get studs done up and a few more things too. I was thinking about getting Warren's 175/75s but undecided yet. Its a DD and I don't want to loose the reliability that you get with stockers vs. rebuilds.

Anyway, I'm going to get a barder stage 2 and a ported intake plus RR too. Does anyone know how much wheel HP can be made on stock injectors?

Sooner or later I do plan on getting the sticks and I do want to get mine rebuilt since they are low mileage.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure 500 was touched a couple times on stock injectors, but a different turbo.

I'm going to be trying the 62FMW T4 setup here pretty soon on stock sticks.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Just remember that dynos numbers are just that, dyno numbers. It is hard to compare with all the different variables. Dyno's are better used to measure changes on a vehicle rather than to see who makes more power in different parts of the world.

I have talked with a lot of really good tuners that said they have never seen more than 460hp fuel only on stock sticks with any turbo and any amount of supporting mods (fuel only so no w/m, propane, nitrous, etc). Others claim to hit 520hp...

Loaded vs non-loaded
Inertia vs roller
dynojet vs superflow
SAE vs STP correction factor
Tire size

With all that said I would say a realistic average is 425-465 on stock sticks and a couple of mods.

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
I agree 100%. Dynos are for tuning and comparing. The best to get hp numbers is with a drag slip. By the way I was spraying meth. Snow 50/50 mix, no nitrous.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
LOL... track times can have similar discrepancies. Same setup, same truck, different drivers often see different numbers. Also same setup, same truck, same driver, different track and different time of the year will also show different numbers. IMO there is no perfect solution for measuring HP. If there was any one perfect solution then there would be no need for the others.

Mdub707

Reaction score
The track is often more reliable of a number, ET doesn't mean too terribly much, the MPH should be close no matter who is driving. It's closer... most know with some dynos you can basically make them read whatever you want.

My 100% bone stock down to the stock intake and stock exhaust with nothing but X-race from Eric did 466 on the rollers... I know it's not accurate, but I don't have anything else to put in my sig... LOL

Mdub707

Reaction score
There's a lot of things that have come out in the last couple years to really help those numbers... no one ever really did ported intake manifolds before and FICM tuning is another big one.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Here is some more food for thought

Just for reference... I have done a lot of dyno testing of adding and taking away certain mods... there is only so much you can do on stock sticks even with all the mods in the world. You won't see any huge gains on stock sticks even with a larger turbo. Here is an example of a test we performed. I will not post the actual number but just the changes in numbers.

We took a truck on stock sticks and stock turbo and pushed it to the max. Maxed out fuel and spent a good amount of time maxing out the hp on the dyno. Then we added a stage 3 turbo and gained about 30hp

We took a truck with 190/100s and a stock turbo and pushed it to the max. Maxed out fuel and spent a good amount of time maxing out the hp on the dyno. Then we added a stage 3 turbo and gained 130hp.

So in one application the stage 3 turbo only gained 30hp, in another application it gained 130hp. What I am getting at is there is only so much to be gotten out of stock sticks. It is all about the right ratio. If you egts are low, you see no smoke out the tail pipe at WOT... then there is only so much more power you can get out of the truck before the gains start getting smaller and smaller. It is much more efficient to add a good size turbo and injectors than it is to max out the stock sticks.

If you are worried about towing then you could always stick with smaller nozzles. 175/stock or 175/30 would be much easier to control. 175/stock on a tow tune will act very very close to stock sticks. But turn up the pulse width and you have a ton more fuel.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
No I want to max them out now in anticipation for later this year when I will install 175/75s. I just do not want to loose the reliability of stock injectors now

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I would not relate poor reliability to bigger injectors unless you go really big.

IMO well built 175/stock injector will not be any less reliable than a stock injectors... especially if you stock injectors are old.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Yeah.. Maybe so. The other thing is that the guys in my area don't wanna send my injectors out and tie up their lift. I want to use mine because they only have 49k on them

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Yeah. So that's why I'll do my studs etc now And just so the RR, film tune and stage 2 now. Then later do the Injectors

swinky

Reaction score
The track is often more reliable of a number, ET doesn't mean too terribly much, the MPH should be close no matter who is driving. It's closer... most know with some dynos you can basically make them read whatever you want.

My 100% bone stock down to the stock intake and stock exhaust with nothing but X-race from Eric did 466 on the rollers... I know it's not accurate, but I don't have anything else to put in my sig... LOL

Post of the year. I'd say not much more than 450hp is possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
if you go to oc this fall for the diesel event there you will get numbers that will make you happy from my understanding, a local kid from our way had a truck with 37's a idp race tune with intake exhaust and egr delete and made a touch under 480k, which imo I thought was very unrealistic, so like everyone else has said it just depends on the dyno

Latest posts

Members online