mbrp cold pipe

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the fitment sucks!!!! this is why i make all my own chit. that is all.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
pics please

THats a tight fit in there and every truck that i have seen is different, esp if the cab has ever been off the truck. Try loosening the rad support bolts intercooler and all that, helps a ton, but i know my pipes have fit different between cab offs, thats why i pull the cab back on the mounts with two ratchet straps to try and get it the same ever time now

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
yea i had my truck where it wouldn't rub at all before the cab off and it rubs on ways now.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
What they said...it's a tight fit in there in general...look how the stock pipe has to be smashed to fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What's wrong with it?

mbrp brought the pipe through the core support on a diagonal. it hits the rear bend on the support,and the front corner on the rad.when the pipe is lined up correctly with the flo-pro elbow,the other end is about 3" above the ic boot. just doesnt fit worth a chit. has anyone used these? i ground the top support,for clearance. do you have to grind the metal support? if you do this pos is going back. i can make my pipe fit much better.

Last edited:

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Yea any of the elbows you have to modify the support somewhat...dirty diesel, flo pro etc etc

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yea any of the elbows you have to modify the support somewhat...dirty diesel, flo pro etc etc

i know that,is it just the upper bolt on piece? or bolth upper and lower? it really doesnt matter,no cutting,grinding on this truck is going to fix a pipe that was incorrectly made.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Every truck is different like others have said...if you don't like it either return it or scrap it and make your own...simple fix

I've never gotten a bad product from MBRP...I'm thinking it's how it's supposed to be made...a 3 inch piece isn't made to fit through that hole

Cutting IS necessary on almost any brand cold side pipe...it's life

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Easy dude
you can shut this one down. im handling it internally
You mad bro?...chill lol

nope. i just cant let a truck go out with something like this pipe,that doesnt fit correctly. theres to much pressure on the rad side tank. im' afraid that it will rub through causing issues down the road. im either going to hack this one up and fix it? or send it back,and build my own. thanx for the suggestions though.

Last edited:

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
ill second that the mbrp doesnt fit for crap and i always have to cut that bracket off

Latest posts

Members online