MCC Tune Issue???

Mphomes1

Reaction score
I need some help with chasing a gremlin and I’m hoping someone else here might have the answer. My 6.4 started occasionally dying at stoplights but would restart and die at the next stoplight etc. No Codes and Mild Tune. That has finally evolved to it would start and move about 10 feet and die and not restart until the next day. It is not throwing any codes. After searching several topics I landed on the low pressure fuel pump or fuel conditioner was going bad. I replaced that part and the truck started right up and sounded great as soon as I threw it in gear to take it for test drive it died and would not restart. This was with the MM mild tune installed. I re-bled the fuel system and it did not change anything. On a whim I uninstalled the mild tune and installed the easy tune and the truck would start and idle great but would be in limp mode. I could at least drive it without it dying and would continue to start and sound just fine if I turned it off. It did throw codes associated with the EGR and a code P-2289 injector control pressure too high - engine off. If I uninstall the tuning and return it to stock it will not even turn over when I turn the key. If I reinstall the mild or wild tune it will sometimes start and idle for a minute or two and then die and not start again. It does not throw any codes when tuned to OEM, Mild, or Wild. Has anybody run into something like this and does anybody have any advice?

Latest posts