Mild build for a 6.0 head gaskets up?

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
Just some tips would be nice. First build up vs a stock build. Want to hear about what not to use and what to you with other parts on the 6.0.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Radioflyer

Reaction score
If you can get ahold of A1 H11 studs I'd go with them. Arp's are fine if you depending on how high in the HP your wanting to go. I like to have a little more insurance then needed personally. If you can't get a hold of A1's, contact Bigpowr he's a vendor for Extreme Studs which offer a H11 and/or a H13 tool steel stud IIRC. Oem head gaskets or Black Diamond or RCD platinum gaskets, egr mia, good tunes with a sct, coolant filter, blue spring kit, 6.4 banjo's, replace the oil cooler or remove it, and I would look into some type of stage 1 valvetrain to work into your budget for piece of mind. Not required, but like I said before, I like to have a little more insurance than needed. If ya want any prices shoot me a PM.

Last edited:

imelmo

Reaction score
If you can get ahold of A1 H11 studs I'd go with them. Arp's are fine if you depending on how high in the HP your wanting to go. I like to have a little more insurance then needed personally. If you can't get a hold of A1's, contact Bigpowr he's a vendor for Extreme Studs which offer a H11 and/or a H13 tool steel stud IIRC. Oem head gaskets or Black Diamond or RCD platinum gaskets, egr mia, good tunes with a sct, coolant filter, blue spring kit, 6.4 banjo's, replace the oil cooler or remove it, and I would look into some type of stage 1 valvetrain to work into your budget for piece of mind. Not required, but like I said before, I like to have a little more insurance than needed. If ya want any prices shoot me a PM.

I thought you were Performance Truck Products at first. Almost the same exact logo.

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
Budget? Even preventative work can run a few dollars.

-Studs
-Have the heads cleaned, checked/decked for flatness, magaflux for cracks, possibly/probably valve job
-Stuff Radioflyer mentioned.... Oem head gaskets, egr delete, cooling system flush and EC-1 coolant, coolant filter, blue spring kit, 6.4 banjo's, replace the oil cooler or remove it
-SCT with custom tunes.
-Fuel pressure guage

This will probably get you where you want.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
Yep done. Head job was 400. New valve seals and seated. Yep.

Have a great box of parts Going together now. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online