MPG vs Fuel Brand

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I've noticed that my truck will get better mileage on QT fuel than anything else.

It's not often I get to do a consistant highway run, but am on a 2500 miler now and the results are very interesting.

Speed is the limit +9 so call it 70-80mph.

Filled up with QT fuel in Greenville, SC and headed to Kansas.

First tank avg 18.4mpg. Truck always seems to do better on QT fuel, now I have proof.

As we went west, the next tank was like 15.3, then 14.9.

What's up with this? Truck is not missbehaving or anything, just dropping mpg.

Is there some cetane rating or something that's causing one fuel to run so much better than another?

Anyone else have these experiences?

Yellow1000

Reaction score
I've found the same thing also with mpg and QT fuel. I also noticed since it's been cold here , I've been using really strong doses of power service anti-gel with every fill up, and since doing that my truck regens much less than normal. And because it idles a lot more in the winter warming up, usually It does It more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and ****.

Last edited:

Duckdawg

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, mine was around 18 prior to deletes since I deleted it it went to around 19 for about a month and the last two months I can barely break 15.5 unloaded, I've tried changing stations but it doesn't seem to help.
Everything else seems normal so idk what it is

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've found the same thing also with mpg and QT fuel. I also noticed since it's been cold here , I've been using really strong doses of power service anti-gel with every fill up, and since doing that my truck regens much less than normal. And because it idles a lot more in the winter warming up, usually It does It more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and ****.

Glad im not the only one that noticed that same thing.. only I use howes diesel treat at just over the recommended dose... the power service responds well in my 7.3s but the 6.7 likes the howes better I believe.. I noticed in my travels that all the fuel that I get in the Midwest drops my mileage a couple mpg compared to the fuel I get at home in central michigan.

live life full throttle

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have noticed a difference between fuel brands. If I fill up with BP fuel my milage sucks, every time. We don't have any QT's around here, but I normally fill up with Shell fuel and it does much better that the BP. Right now everything is going to kind of suck right now due to the winter blend and a lot of idle time in the cold. I used to run Power service in the truck but since my truck gelled with it in it I won't run it anymore and have been running stanadyne fuel treatment and have been having good luck with it. (I have run fuel treatment in every tank sine I bought the truck.

Latest posts

Members online