My Build thread

Star Jumper

Reaction score
Took me a while to get around to it been super busy at the ranch but want to start a build thread on where I plan to take my truck. I want a truck thats fun to drive everyday, reliable, and can tow my 40ft horse trailer across country. Currently the truck so far has been almost perfect minus 4 radiators over the 180,000 miles I've owned it. Up first is to delete the DPF/CAT, EGR and tune the truck. We went with a No Limit Egr delete, cold side pipe and cold air intake and a 5 inch Afe exhaust with a Street Diesel down pipe and a Sct livewire with Innovative tunes
3B4B851E-9923-469B-A1EF-0AE2CE60F6BB_zpsfta0iq6m.jpg

2B2067DA-E496-49CC-88BD-85CA8BF0BE6E_zpsitjb02tm.jpg

D7D730E9-57BA-4B28-A592-1B65083F207C_zpsjrlvgklq.jpg

Up next we have stuff ordered from One up Offroad and Alradco. After all the bolt on are finished this winter were going to tear down the motor and do a refresh on the motor. Still coming up with a finalized list but so far were thinking ARP studs, coated international pistons from Riffraff diesel, valve springs, pushrods, considering a stage 1 cam and get it cryo treaded for longitivtiy, new HPFP and the injectors gone through, 72/59 turbos from elite, ported intake manifold and possibly some steed speed manifolds heard that they made a second try of them and that there were some gains over the first ones they were making but if any one had some more insight on them that would be great. Will post yup some more once we get it done.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
get all those water drops off !! don't want any spots !!! good stuff !!

madman1234509

Reaction score
Steed speeds still were shown to lose 9hp on the second revision. They did gain a small amount of torque. I think for the money you are better off with stock 6.0 manifolds or the BD 6.0 manifolds. Don't forget small things like new lifters and what not for your refreshing.

Crack85

Reaction score
Steed speeds still were shown to lose 9hp on the second revision. They did gain a small amount of torque. I think for the money you are better off with stock 6.0 manifolds or the BD 6.0 manifolds. Don't forget small things like new lifters and what not for your refreshing.

There is another version that is currently being made....the second version was discontinued as well....

madman1234509

Reaction score
Interesting. Haven't seen any talks about it, or just flat out missed them. Hopefully they make a substantial improvement over the last 2 revisions. For what they cost, and what it costs to get up pipes for them I'd want to see a big increase in power over stock. Last I looked you are looking close to 2k for the whole set up. Save the money on a cheaper set up that is known to work and put the money towards a nicer charger or the next step in the turbo size that is offered for what he is looking at or something that'll make a substantial increase in power or decrease in egt in towing for the money.

Latest posts

Members online