need some Answers

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
im doing a HG job on 08

the truck has a h&s 300 tune KEM
so i plan on runing ARP studs
i talked to rudys and they said i can run a custom tune and EGR block off and dirt D elbow and cold side pipe.
is this a good choice?
A: run stock coolers (no delete)
B: rudys egr block off,dirty D elbow,cold side pipe and custom tune
C: rudys waste gate kit,elbow,cold side pipe

what is the plus runing a wastegate is it needed on a stock turbo setup?

thanks for input

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
get rid of the coolers, and run a no limit intake kit. no wg needed, but is advised.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I personally don't think a wastegate is needed with stock turbo's unless you add more fuel or spray nitrous. Where back pressure is an issue, a wastegate will do no good anyway. Low boost, high RPM.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
the intake kit i have built , does not speak to any hp gains, as i have not done any back to back testing. but the flow characteristics are much better than anything else currently available. i had the dd setup, and would not feel comfy putting it on anything else i own. no dis on rob, just once i looked at the angles, i wasnt happy.

Spatel23

Reaction score
What are your plans for the truck?

If all you are planning to do is the basic mods....DO NOT run a wategate. IMO they are difficult to tune right and can seriously effect power levels in a positve or negative way.
Its all in how or who tunes the gates.

Just do Mikes pipe, egr delete, tuner, intake, and exhaust. Id imagine your customer would be really happy.

BFT

Reaction score
If you run a WG with a stock set up its fairly easy to tune it in.

You won't really need it, like mentioned before. EGR delete with those new pipes that just came out should have your buddy squared away

Latest posts

Members online