no start no codes

agent

Reaction score
hi im new to this site. my ex wont start in the mornings unless i plug it in (nothing extreme 30 -50 degrees). it just pukes white smoke (raw fuel) out. if i plug it in it starts no problem. i know i need some injectors because i can feel and here the misses. i used a code reader we have at work today and it said no codes. is this a glow plug module or glow plug issue? i am kind of stumped because no codes came up so not sure where to start looking....any help is appreciated.

Gary

Reaction score
Most code readers will not read codes on these trucks, so you really need to have somebody scan it with a scanner that will read the codes first.
It is possible you have glow plug issues, but there are other problems that are more common. From your description of your problems I'm thinking you have a FICM or stiction issue, but I'm just guessing.
There is a way to test the FICM with a simple volt meter, just search the site and you should find the information.

agent

Reaction score
I tested the ficm and retested it again today...48.xx key on and 48.xx running so I believe the ficm is fine. I used an actron scanner when I looked for codes. It picked up the all the codes my buddies truck threw he has ficm issues. So at this point what is the best way to fix this, just buy a gpcm or is there any tests you can do? Thanks

Gary

Reaction score
Then the next thing I would do is unplug the electrical connectors and see if you have any burnt pins.

Gary

Reaction score
Then the next thing I would do is unplug the electrical connectors and see if you have any burnt pins.
Then ohm test the glow plugs.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
undoubtedly stiction is some of your problem as well.

find someone with a real scanner.

agent

Reaction score
ok cool. thanks guys. i think i need to just get an ae set up and go from there, i was just trying to to see if there was a known fix to get it up and running while i was waiting for an ae to come in the mail.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.