OBD to OBDll help

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
So i got a 1994.5 powerstroke which is OBD l. Question is can i use the ts informant 6 without the OBDll or how do i convert from OBD1 to 2. Notice all im trying to do is make it to where i can scan with a OBDll so i can get informant 6 or scanners, ect. HELP!

1994.5 CCLB zf5

79jasper

Reaction score
That's a "software" flash.

For me, it brings a couple things to mind. Like A. Does it change the hex code? B. Can you pick a different pcm code to add features, like the cold high idle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Does it use the same port? Or is it just a software thing

1994.5 CCLB zf5

You should have both the OBDI port (normally under the hood) and the OBDII port (under dash closer to passenger side). We flash the PCM to a later code so the OBDII port is active and works like later model trucks.

That's a "software" flash.

For me, it brings a couple things to mind. Like A. Does it change the hex code? B. Can you pick a different pcm code to add features, like the cold high idle.

Yes, it changes the code.

If someone sends us a PCM from a 94.5 manual, the PCM is flashed with a MLE1 tune. You can really flash any tune you want as long as the PCM family (DPC#) is the same for the two codes.

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
You should have both the OBDI port (normally under the hood) and the OBDII port (under dash closer to passenger side). We flash the PCM to a later code so the OBDII port is active and works like later model trucks.

Yes, it changes the code.

If someone sends us a PCM from a 94.5 manual, the PCM is flashed with a MLE1 tune. You can really flash any tune you want as long as the PCM family (DPC#) is the same for the two codes.
What does it actually do? Is it just for data reasons to flash it?

1994.5 CCLB zf5

Reaction score
The main benefit is that it allows for much better diagnostics over the BEG8. It would also incorporate the various corrections/improvements in operation strategies the engineers learned over time. The dealer reflashed my BEG8 on my 94 when I had it in for a problem way back when. Cheers!

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Hmm. Cool, thanks.
Iirc, mine is BEG8.

Yes, a 94.5 truck should be BEG.

What does it actually do? Is it just for data reasons to flash it?

1994.5 CCLB zf5

Mainly to have your OBDII port active and working so you can read/clear codes, monitor data, etc.

But you do also get the benefit of an updated tune which has the fixes that Ford found after they initially released these trucks.

The main benefit is that it allows for much better diagnostics over the BEG8. It would also incorporate the various corrections/improvements in operation strategies the engineers learned over time. The dealer reflashed my BEG8 on my 94 when I had it in for a problem way back when. Cheers!

Exactly.

Latest posts