OBS fuel pump controller

Tom S

Reaction score
I was curious to hear more about this. I like my setup with the factory relay but would also like to have something that works more like a SD set up with the timer.

Tom

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Exactly what it does. Runs the fuel pump for 20 seconds at power-up. When built into my harness, with the pressure switch, it will run the pump at key on and shut off if you don't start the truck. If you do start the truck, the pressure switch takes over and the controller shuts down at 20 seconds. Allows you to turn the key on and not have the pump run all the time.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Still evaluating whether we're selling them separately. We had them built so we could build them into our fuel pump harnesses.

Tom S

Reaction score
Exactly what it does. Runs the fuel pump for 20 seconds at power-up. When built into my harness, with the pressure switch, it will run the pump at key on and shut off if you don't start the truck. If you do start the truck, the pressure switch takes over and the controller shuts down at 20 seconds. Allows you to turn the key on and not have the pump run all the time.

Nice work! I am looking forward to some more details down the road. I went with an inertia switch rather then an oil pressure switch for a safety shut down on mine and some times it would be nice to not have the pump run with the key on engine off constantly.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I don't see any reason why you couldn't use an inertia switch with this setup as well. The pressure switch is in my harness so the pump runs when the engine is running, and to kill the pump if the engine stops running.

Peroni

Reaction score
Nice work! I am looking forward to some more details down the road. I went with an inertia switch rather then an oil pressure switch for a safety shut down on mine and some times it would be nice to not have the pump run with the key on engine off constantly.

:whs:

I have the same setup as Tom does and would be very interested in a pump controller for same reasons.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I need to do a wiring diagram for it and get it packaged for individual sale. I think you will probably see it become available by itself on the new website we're getting ready to release. I will also be putting a complete OBS wiring harness with the controller already integrated, weatherproof relay and pressure switch up there as well.

Controller will be $39.95
Complete Harness will be $99.95

PsRumors

Reaction score
Old thread but.....just wired one of these up. It's only 3 wire (positive, ground & ground trigger) hookup and works as advertised. Originally I wired my my e-fuel with a oil pressure switch but just didn't like the idea of starting the engine without fuel pressure so I bypassed it. Of course then the pump ran anytime the switch was on. This took care of it. It runs right at 20 seconds on key on and then shuts off if the truck isn't started.

And if the controller does ever go out the truck will still start the pump just won't kick on until their is fuel pressure.

Seems to work just as advertised.

IMG_20121223_143831_251.jpg

Tom S

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, this just got added to my to do list.

Latest posts

Members online