OK...bail my dumb ass out. LED tail light bulbs

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
So I threw in some 3157 LED tail light bulbs today. Added the resistors...wired them in to the ground wire on the plug and the outermost wire on the plug which should be stop/turn IIRC. Center should be running lights only, right?
Anyway...no fast flash and everything works as it should....in the back.
I noticed when I pulled up behind a car on the way home that when I step on the brakes the FRONT turn signals light up about 1/2 way.

So....WTF did I do wrong here? I did the same thing on several other trucks with no issues so is there something in these new ones that make it go weird?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Can you ditch the resistors on the new trucks and just throw in a heavy duty flasher relay like the older models?

CUZICAN

Reaction score
There is no flasher module on these trucks, it's all BCM controlled; if you want to do away with the resistors, you can have the dealership set the computer settings to LED lights and you can run LED bulbs with no resistor then.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Fair enough...so I leave the resistors in for now. WTF is making it backfeed to the front turn signals?

Spatel23

Reaction score
There is no flasher module on these trucks, it's all BCM controlled; if you want to do away with the resistors, you can have the dealership set the computer settings to LED lights and you can run LED bulbs with no resistor then.

I had no idea this was possible..........very cool

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.