picking up another 6.4 motor. what all would you do to build it?

charlie-2

Reaction score
im getting a 6.4l with 30k for 1k$ and im going to build it outside of my truck and swap it in. so i have some questons.

do i have to lift the cab to take the motor in and out?

i plan on running a 76/75 presision turbo a single if that is the size, how can i mount this turbo solid?

what are some main things that need to be done to the heads to get alot of power out of them.

stock pistons and rods?

power goal is 800hp
lowerd cc sb

White_monster

Reaction score
Stock rods are fine. Get the lip of the piston machined off and lots of shops can do this for cheap too. Mounting the single will require some work but nothing extreme.

Oh yes the engine can come out cab on, ford even has a procedure in the manual for it.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Please o please rn three turbos... One off each bank then a big ass one... Haha I just want to see it

charlie-2

Reaction score
so stock pistons will be fine with some machining? also as for cams im still gonna drive it occasonly its not my daily driver but more of a play truck. what cam should i run stage 1 or 2 with fly cutting?

should i get the valves machined bigger?

and i plan on doing dual fuelers. since ill have a another pump.

White_monster

Reaction score
Cam - stage 1. RCD'S cam is great from what I hear. Elites stage 1 cam is damn near the same. Pistons with machining is our only option unless you go forged. Bigger valves let more air into the cylinders.

Latest posts

Members online