PMF rear '08 spring hanger conversion ride quality

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Anybody running these? How much differenece is there in ride quality? People that are Using these with factory 08 springs would you do it again after feeling the ride? I have an 06 F -350 cclb that will be getting an icon 4.5" lift. I'm also thinking about installing pmf 3 or 4-link when the lift goes in. thanks in advance for your input.

Betarocker

Reaction score
Haven't heard of that. There are springs in the valve train, fuel and oil systems (regulators), and the serpentine belt idlers.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Haven't heard of that. There are springs in the valve train, fuel and oil systems (regulators), and the serpentine belt idlers.

PMF makes a front spring hanger so pre '08 trucks can use the new longer and supposedly better riding rear leaf springs. They 8 or so inches longer than the old ones and center the axle on the spring versus off center like the old style.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Anybody running these? How much differenece is there in ride quality? People that are Using these with factory 08 springs would you do it again after feeling the ride? I have an 06 F -350 cclb that will be getting an icon 4.5" lift. I'm also thinking about installing pmf 3 or 4-link when the lift goes in. thanks in advance for your input.

PMF also sells complete lifts if you didn't already know. I have one, and it uses icon coils and shocks. Very nice product, and definitely an option if you were wanting a 3/4link from them.

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Nobody's tried these yet? What's everybody's thoughts on these? Any input would be appreciated.....

Aaron S

Reaction score
The ride quality is a definitly an improvement and I would do it again for that alone.

Im currently running 2011 leafs with carli add a paks under them.

Ive read the 2011 and up ride a little better than 08 to 10 leafs. Since your lifting Carli offers a full leaf pack that will level a 4.5 inch lifted truck and not require any blocks between the pack and axle.

If your truck is an 05 up then you can probably get away with relocating the factory hangers without interfering with the parking brake cables.

Aaron

BlueScab

Reaction score
PMF makes a front spring hanger so pre '08 trucks can use the new longer and supposedly better riding rear leaf springs. They 8 or so inches longer than the old ones and center the axle on the spring versus off center like the old style.

Any idea how much it moves the axle? I've thought about doing the conversion but I don't want it to cause a problem with the way my traction bars line up.

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Any idea how much it moves the axle? I've thought about doing the conversion but I don't want it to cause a problem with the way my traction bars line up.

From what I understand it doesnt move the axle. On the 07 and earlier spring the axle is not centerd in the spring. 08+ the spring is (I think 8") longer and the axle is centered in the spring improving ride quality. If I'm wrong someone please correct me

NotStock

Reaction score
From what I understand it doesnt move the axle. On the 07 and earlier spring the axle is not centerd in the spring. 08+ the spring is (I think 8") longer and the axle is centered in the spring improving ride quality. If I'm wrong someone please correct me

Yes, you are correct. The axle itself does not. Most traction bar setups should not be affected. Simply the front spring mounting point. The '11-12 leafs ride a bit nicer than the '08-10 although they are harder to find aswell. Imo, they are only worth it if you can find some for a reasonable price. There will be a noticeable ride improvement with this upgrade.

da94broncodude

Reaction score
Trevor have you ever run the 08 procomp 5" leafs, im thinking about grabbing your hangers but was having a hard time finding the newer springs at a reasonable price and the other day cruising through procomps stuff i found they make a 5" leaf for the 08 and newer and me being a dealer/installer i get them stupid cheap, i would imagine theyd have to ride better than my 06 rear springs with add a leaf and block

NotStock

Reaction score
Trevor have you ever run the 08 procomp 5" leafs, im thinking about grabbing your hangers but was having a hard time finding the newer springs at a reasonable price and the other day cruising through procomps stuff i found they make a 5" leaf for the 08 and newer and me being a dealer/installer i get them stupid cheap, i would imagine theyd have to ride better than my 06 rear springs with add a leaf and block

If I was going to guess, I would say yes, they would ride better than your current setup. Again, just a guess but I think an OEM set would ride better than the Pro Comps though. Typically I see them used for $200-250ish. Are you not finding any in that area? Do you tow very often?

da94broncodude

Reaction score
thats what i was figuring, they would be better than what i have but not as good as oem, only ones i can find would be new from the dealer. procomp retails the leafs new for like 200

Latest posts

Members online