Popped another... Gearhead tunes...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Oh wait...

Popped a intercooler boot!:flipa:

Picked up a tune from Gearhead for my new Hydra chip, also picked up some tunes from No Limit but have not really had much time on them yet.

Jumping on the interstate last night I laid into it pretty good!

Great tune Matt!!!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
1014033_183429501832126_398207641_n.jpg

Yes... Thats a dent... lol

993934_183429488498794_383499281_n.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Do those boots have a inside ridge to seat the channel in the tube?

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
that tube is even bead rolled!

whos other tuning do u have on the hydra? and where do u have it mounted, (being the big reason why i havent got one yet) cant seem to find a place id think it would look good.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Do those boots have a inside ridge to seat the channel in the tube?

No, however the Dieselsite boots don't either. This is the first time the boot has blown off with RiffRaff's. I had to double clamp it with the Dieselsite version.

that tube is even bead rolled!

whos other tuning do u have on the hydra? and where do u have it mounted, (being the big reason why i havent got one yet) cant seem to find a place id think it would look good.

I'm thinking of using/modifying/making one similar to the DP tuner mount that goes around a gauge. Just need to take the time to make one. Might do it this weekend if I can find the proper material.

Love Matt's tunes. Joe, throw some weight behind tightening those clamps!

LOL... I had the compressor housing off a few weeks ago and I think I didnt tighten it down as much as normal. That being said it did pop off at about 40-42psi so...

Reaction score
No, however the Dieselsite boots don't either. This is the first time the boot has blown off with RiffRaff's. I had to double clamp it with the Dieselsite version..

I kept blowing a Dieselsite boot also. I had to hairspray it and double clamp it. It was always that one top hot side boot. I think there was a slight misalignment or something causing it. Deleted that top boot and used a v-band.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Lol. I have a dent in my hood the exact same place. :ford:

Ended up triple clamping it w dieselsite boots. Last one let go right at 50psi.

Need to try those NLTD tunes :D

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I should have done it when the motor was out, but I want to rebuild the hot side pipe to have it come in more 6.0 like and over the top of the motor. Now that the coolant filter is out of the way I think I can.

Just need the time in the shop... and the pipe... and the time...

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
then when u finally get that together, after the first few wlds u will run out of gas or wire, lol.

i was thinking about the same thing about the hydra, that it would be better as a gauge mount.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
DPSW.jpg

This type of mount is what I want to make... but I would like it to have a 90* bend and then another 90* to make it sit flush with the gauge rather then out in front of it...

I may just order this one from Clay and mod it to fit the Hydra. I had one years ago, before I knew better and ran some other tuner... LOL

Latest posts

Members online