Professional stereo guys...questions on quality

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
There are a couple of you that have changed your stereo's enough times, and have spent more money on all the changes, that you could have bought another truck...I need your input.

....here is where it gets tricky.

This is for my 2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO(sharknose)...

I'm keeping the stock Harmon Kardon head unit, I only want to change the (4) speakers and add a Amp....all for under $800.

Here is the other tricky part...Amp physical size has to remain small, and not draw to much power(bike charging system is 45amps).

Some other people have already installed RF PBR300.4 or Arc Audio 125.4 into their bikes(inside fairing) with awesome results.

This is what I'm looking at:

(4) Polk Audio MM6501UM 6.5", 40hz-25khz, 125watt component with built in X-over(saves space)...$220 x 2
(1) Rockford Fosgate PBR300.4, 75watts x 4...$170

Polk MM6501um stats:...click "tech specs" for more info

Polk Audio - Mobile Monitor Series - Mobile / Marine Speakers

RF PBR 300.4 stats:...click "specs" for more info

PUNCH Amplifiers - PBR300X4 - Rockford Fosgate®

...Keeping in mind... size limitations, current draw, and price range...do you think this is a good match(speaker/amp)?

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
Yes...but most speaker are nowadays...as long as they aren't constructed of paper like the cheap ones are.

They will see lots of rain and sun.

Snake

Reaction score
Jay, I think you're going to want a loudspeaker as opposed to a "conventional" speaker.

patrickke

Reaction score
I personally like Kenwood components, loved mb quart till they were sold... Focal are going to be pricey but awesome...

I'm not a fan of Rockford amps...

TANK'S 250

Reaction score

I guess you missed the "4 speakers and an amp for under $800" part.

Jay, I think you're going to want a loudspeaker as opposed to a "conventional" speaker.

recommendations?

I personally like Kenwood components, loved mb quart till they were sold... Focal are going to be pricey but awesome...

I'm not a fan of Rockford amps...

I've never been a fan of Kenwood(aka JVC)...especially that their 6.5" speaker only goes down to 63Hz, and they haven't come into the 21st century with their magnet(still using ferrite)

Any other recommendations?

Snake

Reaction score
They're 6.5" coax speakers?

Have you thought about a 2 channel amp running at 2 ohms instead of a 4 channel? Might be able to save some space and get more volume.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
They're 6.5" coax speakers?

Have you thought about a 2 channel amp running at 2 ohms instead of a 4 channel? Might be able to save some space and get more volume.

mm6501um.jpg

No coax..component(with tweeter x-over built in to save space?.

Coaxial speakers suck on bikes...the rain kills them eventually.

Running a 2 channel @2 ohm?...how would that work for a 4 speaker system(fading(F/R), sound quality, and speaker differentiation)?

...most stereo systems running 2 ohm draw too much power for a motorcycles charging system.

average

Reaction score
mm6501um.jpg

No coax..component(with tweeter x-over built in to save space?.

Coaxial speakers suck on bikes...the rain kills them eventually.

Running a 2 channel @2 ohm?...how would that work for a 4 speaker system(fading(F/R), sound quality, and speaker differentiation)?

...most stereo systems running 2 ohm draw too much power for a motorcycles charging system.

You'll only be running 2 channels that way, no F to R fading only left to right. I don't see a problem with what you have picked out as long as it all fits.

*not a professional*

patrickke

Reaction score
I guess you missed the "4 speakers and an amp for under $800" part.

recommendations?

I've never been a fan of Kenwood(aka JVC)...especially that their 6.5" speaker only goes down to 63Hz, and they haven't come into the 21st century with their magnet(still using ferrite)

Any other recommendations?

If you could snag a set of older mb quarts before they were bought out, I would... They didn't have the silk dome tweeters that they do now

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
You'll only be running 2 channels that way, no F to R fading only left to right.

uggg...then I'm not doing that...I have a stock 4 speaker stereo system...running it that way would be a downgrade from what I have.

Tank, go to baggErnation.com

Their kit is around that price and made for your bike! I have it on my road glide and it's bitching!!!!!

I checked them out...damn good prices...but...they are all coaxial kits or only 2 speaker kits.....I need 4 speakers and an amp...

...they do have the cheapest price on adapters though..I will be buying them.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
Still coaxials, but here:
Our latest complete Stereo system caters to lovers of Ultra Classic Models! This system replaces the stock in fairing speakers with our fantastic Power 6.5” coaxial speakers and also upgrades to tour pack speakers with Power coaxial 5.25 speakers. The new RF 300x4 Amp makes this an ass kickin’, affordable sound system available for your Ultra. Each kit includes (2) 6.5 Rockford Fosgate “Power” coaxial speakers / A set of 6.5” Speaker adapters / (2) 5.25” Rockford Fosgate “Power” coaxial speakers / a Rockford BRT 300x4 amp / Our exclusive Hard mount heat sink for the amp and a complete wiring harness and step by step instructions!. This system will provide you with amazing sound clarity and volume capabilities you’ve never heard from a motorcycle sound system! It’s also expandable so if later you want to add a set of Audio Lids w/ 6”x9”s or some 6.5”s to your fairing lowers you’ll have 2 extra channels on your amp to do it. So if you’re looking for some kick ass curb appeal for your Ultra Glide sound system or you just simply would like to be able to rock out at highway speeds, look no further... The Rockford Ultra Glide Super Stereo will blow you away! Complete wiring harness, hard Amp mount and heat sink and step by step instructions included! This complete system is exclusively available from Bagger Nation and will blow your mind!

Part #RF300x4-UGSS
Bagger Nation Ultra Supreme 75EX System
Price: $629.95

Each Kit Includes:
• Hardware
• Mount/Heat Sink
• Wiring Harness and
• Step by Step Instructions

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
This is the one I was thinking for you

The Bagger Nation “Super Stereo” for Road Glides or Baggers with Vented Fairing Lowers
If you own a Road Glide you’re probably aware of how bad ass the Super Stereo kit is. Well, now with the introduction of HD’s new 6.5” Fairing Lower Speaker pods you can add our Super Stereo kit to any touring model that has Fairing Lowers too! The kit will either put (4) 6.5” coaxial speakers in a Road Glide fairing and therefore in your face or it will put (2) in the fairing and (2) in the lowers. Either way you’ve got a rock con- cert in front of you at any speed and any conditions. Each Kit includes a Rockford Fosgate BRT300x4 amplifier, (4) Coaxial Power Speakers, hard amp mount / heat sink, complete wir- ing and hardware along with step by step instructions. This system will provide you with amazing sound clarity and vol- ume capabilities that you’ve never heard from a motorcycle sound system! So if you’re looking for some kick ass curb ap- peal or you are just dying to rock out at 80 and actually hear crystal clear audio your search has ended! Our Bagger Nation Super Stereo System will blow you away!

Part # RF300x4-SS
Bagger Nation Super Stereo for Road Glides or Baggers with Vented Fairing Lowers
Price: $672.9

Each Kit Includes:
• Hardware
• Mount/Heat Sink
• Wiring Harness and
• Step by Step Instructions

< Click on images to see larger

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
This is the one I was thinking for you

The Bagger Nation “Super Stereo” for Road Glides or Baggers with Vented Fairing Lowers
If you own a Road Glide you’re probably aware of how bad ass the Super Stereo kit is. Well, now with the introduction of HD’s new 6.5” Fairing Lower Speaker pods you can add our Super Stereo kit to any touring model that has Fairing Lowers too! The kit will either put (4) 6.5” coaxial speakers in a Road Glide fairing and therefore in your face or it will put (2) in the fairing and (2) in the lowers. Either way you’ve got a rock con- cert in front of you at any speed and any conditions. Each Kit includes a Rockford Fosgate BRT300x4 amplifier, (4) Coaxial Power Speakers, hard amp mount / heat sink, complete wir- ing and hardware along with step by step instructions. This system will provide you with amazing sound clarity and vol- ume capabilities that you’ve never heard from a motorcycle sound system! So if you’re looking for some kick ass curb ap- peal or you are just dying to rock out at 80 and actually hear crystal clear audio your search has ended! Our Bagger Nation Super Stereo System will blow you away!

Part # RF300x4-SS
Bagger Nation Super Stereo for Road Glides or Baggers with Vented Fairing Lowers
Price: $672.9

yeah...I looked at every kit they offer...still coaxial...I'll probably call tomorrow to see if they'll
make me a PBR 300x 4 and (4) P1652-S 6.5" component kit

Latest posts

Members online