RCD aluminum engine oil pan

White_monster

Reaction score
Well I thought I'd put a post up about this since I hadn't seen any mention of it.

I needed to replace my oil pan on my engine build as I damaged it in shipping due to road conditions and how I had it loaded. I found this pan and figured why not as it looks better than stock. It's constructed from 3/16" aluminum and welded inside and outside. Fit was great as well with only one bolt hole being just slightly off but it wasn't an issue. I have to modify the lip of the pan at the back to clear my main studs but with stock bolts it's not an issue and there's plenty of meat to allow for the clearencing. Here's some pics of the pan mounted and unmounted. I didn't fully secure it as I'm going to be getting it painted and I might run a sealer on the inside so there's no transfer from the aluminum to the oil and to prevent any type of corrosion.

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

Let me know your thoughts. Personally I like it.

gman1

Reaction score
Looks nice. I would not paint the outside. Leave it as it is and just seal the inside and outside. The shiny aluminum makes for a nice contrast with the blue.

pog

Reaction score
nice man. see how long it looks shiney on those alberta roads lol

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
A clear sealant would be all I would do on the outside, and its perfect for a oil drain return. Looks like there is plenty of meat in there to weld a bung to.

White_monster

Reaction score
Clear sealant is great but our roads up here are horrible. I'll most likely powder coat it silver to protect it.

Yes there's lots of meat on the pan for welding oil drains into so I'm gonna put one in just incase.

Latest posts

Members online