rcd or swamps injectors

kbartley04

Reaction score
Alright guys im ready to buy injectors for my 04 6liter but im undecided between rcd or swamps. Im looking into getting 190s. There is a large price diffrence between them but they both offer the same warrenty. I have heard alot of good about swamps and a good about rcd. I have already upgraded to a powermax turbo and going to do a regulator return when i do the injectors. Any thoughts on either of thses companys good or bad would be helpfull in me making my decision. Thanks

Reaction score
Both are quality. I'm a RCD dealer and have had good luck with their 6.0 injectors. And they test all their injectors on a flow bench before they leave. If you'd like I can set you up!

Last edited:

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I would go with RCD or Full Force, both are great to work with. I'm currently running full force with no issues. I had a bad experience with swamps injectors, after thousands of dollars, a few nights getting towed home, alot of heartache, and a smashed IPhone I decided to start from scratch. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golfer

Reaction score
I would go with RCD or Full Force, both are great to work with. I'm currently running full force with no issues. I had a bad experience with swamps injectors, after thousands of dollars, a few nights getting towed home, alot of heartache, and a smashed IPhone I decided to start from scratch. Lol

I would very much like to hear more about this.

All of our 6L injectors start out as Motorcraft injectors, which are the only injectors available with new (not reman) spool valves...once the injectors are modified, we flow test them a minimum of 5,000 shots each to ensure balance.

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I would very much like to hear more about this.

All of our 6L injectors start out as Motorcraft injectors, which are the only injectors available with new (not reman) spool valves...once the injectors are modified, we flow test them a minimum of 5,000 shots each to ensure balance.

After a few "warrenty claims" which I had to pay for, supposedly due to mis installation, and still not having a truck that ran I finally sought a 3rd party opinion. Not a single injector flowed what it was supposed to. Not even close. And one of them was missing the internal orings causing massive oil contamination (why the truck wouldn't run). After confronting you about this all you did was bad mouth RCD saying they were the most dishonest shop in the industry and told me I was on my own. With a set of 4 month old injectors that weren't worth their weight in scrap I decided to have em redone by RCD or Full Force. FF having the best deal I went with them (nothing against RCD). I had them installed by the same person the same way he did before and I haven't had a problem ever since and the truck runs worlds better!

Edit: I was gonna keep this to myself until you sent that smart@$$ PM just so you know

Last edited:

smokedout250

Reaction score
Rcd builds a quality product also look into full force. They built my 7.3 injectors and Ryan and his crew are awesome to deal with!

golfer

Reaction score
After a few "warrenty claims" which I had to pay for, supposedly due to mis installation, and still not having a truck that ran I finally sought a 3rd party opinion. Not a single injector flowed what it was supposed to. Not even close. And one of them was missing the internal orings causing massive oil contamination (why the truck wouldn't run). After confronting you about this all you did was bad mouth RCD saying they were the most dishonest shop in the industry and told me I was on my own. With a set of 4 month old injectors that weren't worth their weight in scrap I decided to have em redone by RCD or Full Force. FF having the best deal I went with them (nothing against RCD). I had them installed by the same person the same way he did before and I haven't had a problem ever since and the truck runs worlds better!

Edit: I was gonna keep this to myself until you sent that smart@$$ PM just so you know

ok.

The injectors came back here...not once..not twice..but threeeeeeeeee times for being improperly installed...the external BODY of the injector(s) (not all but more than one each time)...was burned from the injectors not being seated into the cylinder heads properly and the copper crush washer NOT being crushed.

there is not one other thing in or on the injector that can allow for carbon to be up past the copper washer on the nozzle...other than 100% mis-installation...every.single.time. they came back carboned up on the bodies.

my PM was not smart in any way...seriously. very happy you were able to have them repaired.

but once you take our injectors to another inj shop, have them disassembled..not just tested...but DISASSEMBLED ...

you own them, and we can't be responsible for a single thing past that point.

believe me...I was very very frustrated with your situation, not at you...but with why the eff your 'mechanic' could not figure out how to bolt an injector down...over...and over...etc....

glad you are up and running...

01PSD

Reaction score
How could someone not install one correctly? Not trying to sound like an ass, just curious is all. Improper lube of orings? not torqued properly? If I can successfully install an injector by myself.... then hell anyone can LOL because I'm not very mechanically inclined and i'll admit that

smokedout250

Reaction score
How could someone not install one correctly? Not trying to sound like an ass, just curious is all. Improper lube of orings? not torqued properly? If I can successfully install an injector by myself.... then hell anyone can LOL because I'm not very mechanically inclined and i'll admit that

Torquing the injector is the most important thing if you don't get 31ftlbs you can not properly crush the copper washer which won't allow it to seal.

01PSD

Reaction score
Torquing the injector is the most important thing if you don't get 31ftlbs you can not properly crush the copper washer which won't allow it to seal.

why is the torque for stockers only 24 then? I did 30 when I replaced one last week. I've heard anything from 24 to 36

Stroker04

Reaction score
I believe Fords spec is 24 ft lbs. I go to 30 just for piece of mind. If the o-rings were blew out and the injector was black it wasn't torqued properly just like golfer stated. Tell him to get a torque wrench and a good quality torx bit and quit playing guessing games LOL

golfer

Reaction score
I believe Fords spec is 24 ft lbs. I go to 30 just for piece of mind. If the o-rings were blew out and the injector was black it wasn't torqued properly just like golfer stated. Tell him to get a torque wrench and a good quality torx bit and quit playing guessing games LOL

in our experience..the torque number can be misleading...and allow for mis installations...

most of the time the the torque wrench would 'click' at the specified torque...AS the copper washer jusssssst starts to come into contact with the bottom of the injector cup (in the head)...

if you 'power through' that first click...then you'll be able to get another turn +/- on the torx bolt/hold down bolt..as the copper washer 'gives' and the injector is pulled firmly against the cup...creating the SEAL between the body of the injector and the combustion of the cylinder.

our instructions are explicit, and (if followed) will not allow for mis installation..& non-crush of the copper.

I've attached the 6L inj install instructions we ship out with every set of injs...

FWIW (and no offense to tenured "Ford" mechanics)...but we see more injector installation screw ups from the mechanic "who's been doing this for 20 years" LOL...since they (generally) do not/will not read the instructions..

obviously...a good installation is a good installation regardless of who does it...but for mechanics who've done a thousand installs on 7.3Ls...are generally the ones that completely fubar the 6L inj installs since the injector (6.0L) never gives the installer good, positive, definitive feedback that IT IS SEATED...since it's just being slowly drawn into the cup a half turn at a time..as opposed to being 'slammed' in and tightened...

Attachments

• 6L Injector Removal & Installation.doc
    44 KB · Views: 169

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
in our experience..the torque number can be misleading...and allow for mis installations...

most of the time the the torque wrench would 'click' at the specified torque...AS the copper washer jusssssst starts to come into contact with the bottom of the injector cup (in the head)...

if you 'power through' that first click...then you'll be able to get another turn +/- on the torx bolt/hold down bolt..as the copper washer 'gives' and the injector is pulled firmly against the cup...creating the SEAL between the body of the injector and the combustion of the cylinder.

our instructions are explicit, and (if followed) will not allow for mis installation..& non-crush of the copper.

I've attached the 6L inj install instructions we ship out with every set of injs...

FWIW (and no offense to tenured "Ford" mechanics)...but we see more injector installation screw ups from the mechanic "who's been doing this for 20 years" LOL...since they (generally) do not/will not read the instructions..

obviously...a good installation is a good installation regardless of who does it...but for mechanics who've done a thousand installs on 7.3Ls...are generally the ones that completely fubar the 6L inj installs since the injector (6.0L) never gives the installer good, positive, definitive feedback that IT IS SEATED...since it's just being slowly drawn into the cup a half turn at a time..as opposed to being 'slammed' in and tightened...

I'm not trying to stir anything else up here. But he did follow you instructions, not ford protocol. And quality of tools was not an issue either. I usually start to droll whenever I walk into his shop

smokedout250

Reaction score
why is the torque for stockers only 24 then? I did 30 when I replaced one last week. I've heard anything from 24 to 36

I'm not sure. I just know that warren made sure that I was gonna torque to 31ftlbs.... And I have had any copper washers blow out

golfer

Reaction score
I'm not trying to stir anything else up here. But he did follow you instructions, not ford protocol. And quality of tools was not an issue either. I usually start to droll whenever I walk into his shop

zero offense taken, and I absolutely didn't construe this as stirring the pot...

the problem I have...is this:

this is what we saw..every. single. time. the injectors came back.

so, hopefully you can see how frustrated WE were, again..not at you...but at your 'mechanics' insistence that the injectors were installed properly.

last time I checked...carbon is pretty hard chit...and when you get carbon INSIDE the injector (fuel side)..it may not really play well with the ridiculously tight tolerances within the plunger & barrel assemblies...which rely explicitly on fuel LUBRICITY to maintain proper function.

6.0L injectors are unreliable..'reman' 6.0L injectors (with used spool valves) are a joke...so when our customers buy (literally) the best injector..and the install is jacked up repeatedly...all YOU (the customer) knows is that the damn truck isn't running...and you paid x thousand dollars for the 'same ol' chit' from your truck...

I, honestly HATE how this situation turned out...our business was founded on fuel injectors...and the 6.0L injectors bit us in the ass for a couple of years before we went to the Motorcraft injectors with new spool valves..

hell..any monkey can swap nozzles and do machine work to the internals...but trying to rebuild a used 6.0L injector...is not a viable option for someone wanting to keep the truck.

The way the spool valve functions is exactly like a piston in a cyl bore...and once those clearances/tolerances are lost...you CAN'T rebuild that part of the injector. It would be like trying to rebuild a worn out engine without having 010, 020, 030 over pistons...period.

no matter how diligent the machine work is...no matter what care & precautions were maintained during the rebuild process...if the spool is loose in its' bore...you will have problems with the spool valves hanging and sticking.

Ford Motorcraft injectors are the only injectors with NEW spool valves...and that is the only injector we will build from, sell or install.

I didn't mind your criticism...but I absolutely couldn't let your first post just sit there undefended, when...in my mind...you were not dealing with an 'injector' problem...but rather an installer problem.

and until someone can explain how an "injector problem" can account for the picture I attached, and not an install problem..I'll stand by our product.

Attachments

• DSC01385.JPG
    DSC01385.JPG
    590.7 KB · Views: 90

01PSD

Reaction score

You never fail to impress. Thanks for that, I actually did not know about seating the washer by hand THEN torquing. I always assumed the torque spec would seat the washer completely. I just snugged the hold down bolt pretty good with a ratchet before torquing it.

"MidwestOBS"

Reaction score

Installation issues aside, he said something about missing o-rings. What happened there?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.