SCT 9625or for my 6.4

kdpearson

Reaction score
Hi all,
If all goes well I will be starting my auction truck soon. To compensate for the stolen DPF I picked up an sct 9625or. It is supposed to work with missing DPF. I'll prolly delete the EGR as well
So what can you tell me about the tuner? Do the built in tunes work OK or do I need to look for custom tunes? If custom, who still does them for the older units?
Since I've never driven this truck I don't know what improvements I would be looking for. This will be a ranch truck so will be pulling a horse trailer and sometimes a hay trailer. So guessing stock or tow profiles is what I'd be looking for.
Thanks,
Ken

ncollins64

Reaction score
Is that device the long rectangle with the round knob that spins? If so I’m pretty sure the tunes on the device won’t work, you need custom tunes and I know we don’t support those anymore. Not sure if anyone else does.

kdpearson

Reaction score
Is that device the long rectangle with the round knob that spins? If so I’m pretty sure the tunes on the device won’t work, you need custom tunes and I know we don’t support those anymore. Not sure if anyone else does.
Yeah, it's a long rectangle with a round knob on the end. That's disappointing. Well, since I already own it I will still give it a try.

Petro

Reaction score
I ran one of those back in like 2011 and 12. Can't remember for sure if it had preloaded diet tunes. I was running Innovative custom tunes at the time, and let me tell you, that truck ran like a mother f_ucker. Hated that SCT though, big and clunky but worked well.

kdpearson

Reaction score
Thanks Petro. Good to know. I was hoping folks that had used it in the past would have some information for me.

According to the manual there are three tunes built in. Yeah, the dial seems pretty clunky but I don't plan to do a lot with it for now. Hopefully I can set it and forget it. The "Livewire" part is completely inactive now. I tried the link to SCT to see if there was any leftovers there but the site is deactivated. I guess if I lost a ton of money on it I'd take it down too.

Latest posts

Members online