Sct tunning help stuck on tune

kpainkiler45

Reaction score
Hey guys got a question for the gurus. My buddy has an 04 6.0 and got a custome tune I believe from innovation and then his sct screen went dead we tried to return it to stock with nothing really happening, and when you connect the sct to a laptop to download the factory settings or update it gets a failure to store or communicate. He ordered the live wire and it gets here tomorrow, problem is he doesn't have the factory settings on the truck to use on the new sct he finally got the sct that went bad to put the factory tune back on the truck or so it said but come to find out its stuck on the lope tune. Anyone have this happen or have any advice?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

diezelfreak

Reaction score
I may be wrong but wouldn't when you installed the new tune it would save the current one as say the stock file. I'm sure someone with a lot more idea will chime in. Maybe that will help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kpainkiler45

Reaction score
Yea the problem is we can't get it out of the sct, everyone we try we get a failure to download or communicate and now the lope tune seems to have taken the place of the stock file on the sct when you get it to work enough to go actually download

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
He's trying to tell you that you don't need to return the truck to the stock tune to load on a new file. The new sct device will recognize whatever is in the truck computer as the stock file whether it truly is stock or not.

78f100

Reaction score
You can just load the new tuner and like they said it will save the lope tune as the stock file. Only time it will affect you is if you return it to stock, it will be back on the lope tune. Other choice is send it back to sct for repair, odds are you won't get your stock file back then either. You can take it to ford or someone with a ids and reflash it with the stock file and load your new tuner. Or you can call sct and they may email you a free stock file, they did it for me years ago. My stock file for my 08 has been lost for years, I never needed it. I have a ids but it's useless to reflash it as I will never reload the stock file.

Latest posts

Members online