Service anti trac

hagan525

Reaction score
I keep getting a warning light that say service anti-trac or auto-trac is this something to be concerned with? I have a lift wheels as tires on the truck! How do I get it to go away permanently? It comes and goes. I also have a lot of play in my steering wheel after a half assed alignment from ford! Every once in awhile I get a vibration in my pedal also that last a few seconds maybe!

12stroker

Reaction score
It really could be anything with the brake system or wheel bearing. It also seems like you might need shims on your leaf springs or your carrier bearing if you have one.

Last edited:

hagan525

Reaction score
Okay thanks guess its going to have to go to a different Ford service center!

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Well for starters make sure your front end is tight. Also the service trac is probably a loose connection. By the spare tire on the drivers side there is a box with a couple connectors. Make sure the plugs and wires didnt get stretched from the lift install. Could be a broken wire and unless you get it scanned when the light is on you could be chasing it for a while.

Reaction score
My dads truck is the same way. Seems like if he goes over some rough railroad tracks or something the dash goes crazy. Its not always but it happens. Also seems to notice it after a tire rotation. Truck is only leveled in the front, stock in the back.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
My dads truck is the same way. Seems like if he goes over some rough railroad tracks or something the dash goes crazy. Its not always but it happens. Also seems to notice it after a tire rotation. Truck is only leveled in the front, stock in the back.

Sounds like a loose connection or sensor. Unless he is on the throttle going over these items. Sees a rail crossing, wfo to try and air it out Dukes of hazard style.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk now Free

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think he's that crazy lol. Checked the codes with a mini maxx and it shoes nothing. The dash says hill descent fault and service advance trac

The mini max sucks for anything more than basic codes and basic monitoring. You need a snap on reader, ford, something higher tech. They will actually tell you which wheel sensor is a fault if that's the case.

Reaction score
It's at the dealer today. They are checking all that and it's also making a weird humming/buzzing noise after the truck is turned off. Coming from the top of the motor. It last from 60-90 seconds.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
It's at the dealer today. They are checking all that and it's also making a weird humming/buzzing noise after the truck is turned off. Coming from the top of the motor. It last from 60-90 seconds.

Pretty sure they will say thats the air pump. Mine does the same thing. They told me what it was and said its normal.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.