single sequential turbo

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
well if elite can mod the stock 6.4 turbos to fit bigger wheels and move more air , what about doing the same to the new garret turbo featured on the 6.7 and putting that in instead of just a regular single? that way you get all the pros of going to a single without sacrificing drivability? i have rode in a new 6.7 and would argue that they have better bottom ends then ours with twins. Don't bite my head off if you think this is a bad idea, just trying to suggest new things. hopefully garret will be releasing the powermax version of this turbo.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I think a modded 6.7 turbo still won't move the air that a single 66 moves.

I doubt it would even make the power that stock turbos make.

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
your probably right, im just worried about all the talk about the single having bad street manners and not being able to tow. id like to think the mpd 66mm would work well but im not sure anymore

Wayne

Reaction score
AFAIK Elite will never do a modded stock 6.7L single sequential. It was looked into when the trucks first came out, and it just doesn't seem feasible. The stock turbo on a 6.7 with tuning runs 160,000+ RPM's. Yes, you read that right; 160,000 RPM's. A tachometer was put in Elite's test truck right when it was new. With stockers having failures now and then I can only imagine what would happen to a modded unit. Modding a 6.7L stock turbo seems to be a warranty nightmare to me. BTW tow powers are awesome.

01PSD

Reaction score
The stock chargers worked very well on the 6.4, why change that when building this new 6.7? Seems like that little turbo in there is working too hard even on stock trucks.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I admit Aaron made me :eek: when I saw the numbers he put down with 110's and tow powers. But isn't another big issue with the 6.7's is their fuel? As in the stock set up just doesn't put out what these 6.4's will? So upgrading the turbos won't do much if the stock set up won't maintain fp to run them?

07strokerftw

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yeah the CP4 (?) just isn't pushing the fuel that the 6.4 pumps could. Even if they did, I don't want to see how many turbos explode afterwards LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
Navistar patented compound turbos?

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

Yeah, of course they did. They also patented the yo-yo and the fork. That's why they're the only ones who make said items:slap:

Do I really need to explain my point?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.