Small Build

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
As many of you know, I ordered Elite's 71mm low pressure turbo. Other than that, all I really plan on doing is some preventative type modifications. I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet, but I'm thinking of getting another set of cylinder heads to beef up and add to my build. I'll do hardened valve seats and upgrade the valvetrain.

While I have the cab up, is there anything else I should address? I'm sticking with stock fuel. I would assume that the ported intake manifold would be a good mod and possibly 6.0 manifolds and up-pipes, but I'm not sure I'll have the money to do all that after doing the cylinder heads. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and if you think I'm going about this all wrong please let me know. LOL

I want clean and reliable power.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Intake manifold. The manifolds and what not can wait if you aren't gonna flog the truck everyday. If you have the coin though, now would be the time. Rudy's uppipes look like a beefy upgrade. Bigr's intake elbow and cold side pipe. DONE

Oh and don't forget to hook your nitrous back up LOL

White_monster

Reaction score
I've got about 65,000miles on my truck. Stock heads and multiple runs holding 1760*f egts and so far it's still good. Jeff is just find a good machine shop and upgrade your heads at the time as it doesn't take to long. 6.0 manifolds and up pipes are well priced at Rudy's. Do the intake manifold as well. Stage 1 valve springs are good but not totally needed. Enjoy.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Intake manifold. The manifolds and what not can wait if you aren't gonna flog the truck everyday. If you have the coin though, now would be the time. Rudy's uppipes look like a beefy upgrade. Bigr's intake elbow and cold side pipe. DONE

Oh and don't forget to hook your nitrous back up LOL

I'm not hard on my truck daily. I drive like a grandpa around town. Only hard driving would be at the track or testing tunes. I already have Mike's elbow and CAC pipe.

I've got about 65,000miles on my truck. Stock heads and multiple runs holding 1760*f egts and so far it's still good. Jeff is just find a good machine shop and upgrade your heads at the time as it doesn't take to long. 6.0 manifolds and up pipes are well priced at Rudy's. Do the intake manifold as well. Stage 1 valve springs are good but not totally needed. Enjoy.

I don't see those temps....ever. Lol

So do you think the intake manifold and up-pipes are better mods than doing a beefed up valvetrain and hardened seats? It's probably going to be one or the other this time around.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I honestly don't have a reason to pull the heads. I did studs and new gaskets about 25,000 miles into new heads. I didn't even have blown head gaskets when I did studs. I would imagine that my heads are still good. I wanted to do it as preventative maintenance, but if it's not needed then I'll definitely do the intake manifold and a few other odd and end things first.

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
I am doing the elite 71mm also. I ordered custom up pipes and a 4" dp from rudys and picked up some 6.0 manifolds on the forum. Looks like we are heading in the same direction with our builds. Now if my turbo would ever make it to the house I can get it all installed.

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
Yep! Didnt know about this site until a few weeks ago! A lot of good info especially if your doing a build.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Anything to help with volume efficiency will be a plus. Get the heads checked out and do the intake and exhaust manifolds. It would be ideal to do the heads too but if your heads are ok you can upgrade them for the same price as buying new ones.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
As many of you know, I ordered Elite's 71mm low pressure turbo. Other than that, all I really plan on doing is some preventative type modifications. I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet, but I'm thinking of getting another set of cylinder heads to beef up and add to my build. I'll do hardened valve seats and upgrade the valvetrain.

While I have the cab up, is there anything else I should address? I'm sticking with stock fuel. I would assume that the ported intake manifold would be a good mod and possibly 6.0 manifolds and up-pipes, but I'm not sure I'll have the money to do all that after doing the cylinder heads. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and if you think I'm going about this all wrong please let me know. LOL

I want clean and reliable power.

You need the RCD cam and valvesprings buddy :redspotdance:

White_monster

Reaction score
Which is built by Colt Cams here in Canada. Jeff do the intake manifold for sure. 6.0 manifolds and up pipes aren't really needed at your power level. I like valve springs just for the cheap insurance they give. Cam would be sweet but unlikely you'll be tearing your engine down that far.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Which is built by Colt Cams here in Canada. Jeff do the intake manifold for sure. 6.0 manifolds and up pipes aren't really needed at your power level. I like valve springs just for the cheap insurance they give. Cam would be sweet but unlikely you'll be tearing your engine down that far.

Something wrong with Geoff building cams for us?

Latest posts