spartan tuning help again.. ASAP

charlie-2

Reaction score
i was going to download the new tunes from spartin. i set up two files on the sd card.. my stock files and my transfer (tunes) and wheever i put it in the dash daq i can reset it back to stock so i know the stock tune is on correctly but when i try and download a tune nothing shows up.. any help would be thankful! asap!!

charlie-2

Reaction score
no, i did what the web site did and un ziped it, transferd it into a folder and then transerd it into another folder on the sd card labled "transfer" as the website says.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
It needs to be in a folder labeled tuning files for the files to be recognized. This is a really simple process. I need to speak with whoever made the directions.

You remove the tuning files folder that is on the SD card, put it on your computer, and re-label it something different if you wish to keep them to change back to. Then create a new tuning files folder for the new files. Finally, you put the new tuning files folder on the SD card. I just did this a week ago when I swapped TCM's to put my Job 1 TCM back on.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
At the very bottom of the directions in red it says the following:

Note:

Do not mix the old tuning files with the new as some of the file will not work.

Do not rename the Tuning Files folder. If you do the DashDAQ will not be able to pick up any of the tuning files.

charlie-2

Reaction score
thanks i got it now. i was just confused with the directions, as i also did not mix the old files and new files together also. but i now see in red it says not to change the name i just was swayed that i thought it needed to be renamed transfer in which it says to make that folder. but its all good now thanks for the help i hate to bother you with my mistakes haha you probaly get it all the time. the tunes are great btw!:toast:

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Jeff it sounds like they need to be revised by the posts I have seen.
Just advice:
I am a big believer with anything computer related is to have a video.
It will help out much more than just directions.
You need to remember not everyone is good on a computer. Hell some dont even know how to turn it on.
So if could do a video showing each step I bet it would go a long way to help stop these posts.

cbenn47

Reaction score
Jeff, why did you go back yo your OEM TCM? I guess that is what I'm going to go do until you guys get the upgraded tunes out for the Spartan TCM.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Jeff, why did you go back yo your OEM TCM? I guess that is what I'm going to go do until you guys get the upgraded tunes out for the Spartan TCM.

I wanted to test a few files based on some threads on our forum. I'll be putting my Spartan TCM back in soon though so I can run the SunCoast files.