Spartan update problem

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Im updating the spartan to the newest tunes. I am following the step by step instructions and didnt read it ahead of time. I returned truck to stock. Then formatted the card, created a transfer folder and a stock file folder. Now i read on down and see that i maybe shouldnt have done that? That was just for transfering to a new card? Someone mind telling me where I go from here?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Hah, i see no one is a big enough dumbarse as me to ever have experienced it. But I have Jeff trying to help me out. Big thanks to him right now as im keeping him from his beauty sleep

WoodBoy

Reaction score
LOL Well i have all the tunes available when i go to "Load Tune" I havent tried to load one yet. The truck is right now in stock form. I dont have the book or anything with me, but in order to save my stock file, to the dashdaq just as if i have got the dashdaq out of the box for the first time about to install on my truck, how do i go about that?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
LOL Well i have all the tunes available when i go to "Load Tune" I havent tried to load one yet. The truck is right now in stock form. I dont have the book or anything with me, but in order to save my stock file, to the dashdaq just as if i have got the dashdaq out of the box for the first time about to install on my truck, how do i go about that?

Loading the first tune is what "downloads stock" after you load the first tune you too save that file

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Loading the first tune is what "downloads stock" after you load the first tune you too save that file

My only concern in this situation is that it isn't the first time load, so the DashDAQ already recognizes the stock file. The stock file is no longer on the SD card though. The SD card was completely reformatted and everything on it wiped clean....including the stock file. This was done after the stock file was loaded, so now there is no stock file on the SD card. That means that if a tune is loaded up, the stock file will not be on the SD card if they need to go back to stock. That would require a recovery file. Hopefully this all makes sense.

Like I said....these damn Alabama boys. LOL

I'm not quite as savvy with this stuff as Mick is, but I think my explanation above is correct.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
You were right jeff, hes gonna drive on the 310 for now and we will try and get a recovery tomorrow

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
You were right jeff, hes gonna drive on the 310 for now and we will try and get a recovery tomorrow

I thought so. He doesn't have to use only the 310 file. He could run any file since there is no need to return to stock between tune changes.

When he is ready to get a recovery file, email [email protected] or call the office.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Yeah i just meant thats what he wanted to run anyways so he is gonna run it for now. Ill email them Jeff

Danbonzo

Reaction score
I have to say contrary to the old reports about some guys having a hard time with Spartan's customer support, I have never found this to be the case in my dealings with them, both Mick and Matt have gone above and beyond numerous times to help me trouble shoot some issues. Spartan has earned my respect.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Theyve always been good to me too on giving me help. And Jeff, well he trys, LOL na he is a good guy and very helpful

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Who uses stock files anyways? I haven't had mine in over a year. It says its corrupt or something

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online