Stop vehicle now message popped up

12stroker

Reaction score
Well my coworker was driving our f250 today and the message popped up and reduced engine speed and the engine turned off we towed it to the dealer right now to see what they say. Has anyone else's do this before?

sootie

Reaction score
stock or tuned?
was it out of def?
i have seen this happen when the urea pump failed.

SAK

Reaction score
My 6.4 did that when the truck was in Regen and the dpf would overheat. The dpf was messed up and dpf deletes weren't around yet

Sent from my jacked up tapatalk 2

12stroker

Reaction score
Its on a stock truck we cant tune our company trucks.

They just told us it wont be until tomorrow to check it to see whats wrong. And that they havent seen one do this

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I had mine tell me my speed was reduced to 50mph.. Due to exhaust sensor. Needless to say, a few hours later I deleted everything lol

Jeremy

Reaction score
Had one at work do that, It was one of the EGT sensors, it was reading 2800F or something really high.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I dont know man.. I would rather it do that if it senses something wrong then let you keep going and destroy a engine... They dont come cheap now days!

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Well when it's a fault with the emissions equipment/DPF, you are better off deleting it. Because most of the problems on these new engines is caused by this equipment.

12stroker

Reaction score
Yes I will disable a truck so it won't damage anything... If you let the truck cool down you can fire it up and it sometimes it wont throw the code again. That's what the dealer told us so idk.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.