storing my 6.4 question

'08burn'em'off

Reaction score
Recently picked up a little daily commuter and I won't be using my truck for quite a while. Is there anything special any of yall have done when storing your 6.4 diesel for an extended amount of time ? Any advice is apreciated.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
are you talking about storing it for months at a time or just weeks.. lately my work schedule has been pretty jacked up so I only drive my work beater. The truck only gets out of the barn once or twice a month and havent had an issue. Just make sure the fuel is full

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Right now it will probably only come out of the garage maybe once a month. Maybe! So a full tank should be all it needs? Thanks!

Ya sounds pretty much like the schedule my truck has been on for the last six months, and I haven't had any issues. One more thing just make sure to drain your water separator on the frame rail periodically in case you get some condensation. That's all I do I'm sure some more people will chime in with more info though!!

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Just started my truck for the first time since October. (salt) Only thing I do is put it on the battery tender if it is going to sit more than a week. After sitting that long I run it a little then change oil/ filters/ect

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I would add some cetain booster like the stuff from Ford. It completly gets rid of the water as well as keeps your fuel good longer. Thats just my $.02 on the deal though

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Mine will sit from 2 weeks to over a month depending on my job.
Depending on the weather, you being in TX and most likely hot right now I would not do too much.
Might drain the separator before driving then also first drive get everything hot to get the condensation out. Other than that I ahve not had a problem since 2008 doing this with my dually. My weather is pretty mild year round though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.