Switching to synthetic

Lugger007

Reaction score
I've been wanting to switch to synthetic oil since I bought the truck at 43k, but i have heard if it is not ran from new, switching might not be worth it. Truck now has 55k on her. Is it to late to switch to synthetic?

I picked up rotella t6 over the weekend as mobile1 diesel synthetic was out of stock, but haven't changed the oil yet.

300000 and counting

Reaction score
We bullet proof the 6.0 at 97,000 and have been running rottella T6 synthetic ever since, also started running it in the tractor at 1800 hrs, personal I think it's never to Late to start

Lugger007

Reaction score
Alright cool. Thanks guys. When I change the oil this week, ill put the synthetic in then. Just didn't want to spend the money for no reason if wasn't worth it.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep switching whenever is fine. I switched at 295,000 :)

Crazy Canuck

Reaction score
The only problem with switching was encountered back in the late 70's to real early 80's. because some manufacturers were not using the right type of rubber in o-rings and seals. Anything newer than that is gtg...my old truck never saw synthetics to 200k km and never used a drop of oil till I lost it in collision another 250k km.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.